The essential bootlegs?

Maybe, but they didn't play as Maiden so it doesn't count.

The Prisoner played during the Killers tour 1981

It was not part of the "tour" as such (I can't see how a "secret" concert could "promote" anything, then be part of a tour), it was Bruce's introduction concert (at home), during which they also played "Run to the Hills".

Last edited:
surprisingly there are loads s/b recordings from Blaze's era. in regards to Somwhere on Tour both Paris and Philadelphia are soundboard but a bit funny sounding as they are also available on old VHS tapes. you can see those gigs on youtube. in regards to Dortmund I'm not aware of full s/b from that gig but I added to my bootleg 'Iron Maiden' that i ripped from youtube. a german guy there said that at the time they hadn't aired that song cause it was too violent or something. this is my first post. I'm glad I found you guys:)

I added to my bootleg 'Iron Maiden' that i ripped from youtube. a german guy there said that at the time they hadn't aired that song cause it was too violent or something. this is my first post.

Yep, the track Iron Maiden was cut from the original broadcast due to Eddie being murdered on stage. You can hear about that story, and see the footage, by watching 12 Wasted Years.

Yep, the track Iron Maiden was cut from the original broadcast due to Eddie being murdered on stage. You can hear about that story, and see the footage, by watching 12 Wasted Years.
that's it. I remember now. btw are you or anyone else aware of any s/b recording from 2010 tour? this is the only tour I'm missing (apart from full ' 83 of course). I don't collect just about anything. only a few good ones from each tour. just to be clear this is not exactly Final Frontier tour. I've seen Maiden in Dublin 2010 (Dio meant to be there as a support, sadly died not long before that) and this is a warm -up tour where they only played 2 songs from their upcoming Final Frontier album.

1982-03-24 Paris - there's an FM version around, really the one to go for.

This? (see below). I like the sharp, edgy, high end sound of it. Love how the guitars come out. Bruce sounds in pretty good shape!

01 Wrathchild 00:00:00 02 Run To The Hills 00:03:07 03 Children Of The Damned 00:07:24 04 The Number Of The Beast 00:11:59 05 Phantom Of The Opera 00:16:40 06 Killers 00:23:26 07 Transylvania (With Dave Guitar Solo) 00:28:19 08 The Prisoner 00:34:21 09 22 Acacia Avenue 00:40:21 10 Sanctuary 00:46:56 11 Drifter 00:51:01 12 Running Free 00:59:53 13 Prowler 01:03:32 (awesome version)

13:14 Best NOTB scream captured (YouTube comment).

Preview ("Bruce Dickinson sings a great high note in 22 Acacia Avenue"):

Last edited:
This? (see below). I like the sharp, edgy, high end sound of it. Love how the guitars come out. Bruce sounds in pretty good shape!

01 Wrathchild 00:00:00 02 Run To The Hills 00:03:07 03 Children Of The Damned 00:07:24 04 The Number Of The Beast 00:11:59 05 Phantom Of The Opera 00:16:40 06 Killers 00:23:26 07 Transylvania (With Dave Guitar Solo) 00:28:19 08 The Prisoner 00:34:21 09 22 Acacia Avenue 00:40:21 10 Sanctuary 00:46:56 11 Drifter 00:51:01 12 Running Free 00:59:53 13 Prowler 01:03:32 (awesome version)

Exactly that, one of the best from that tour

I'm surprised to hear Prowler introduced by not Bruce. I genuinely can't even remember another instance of that happening during Bruce's tenure (somebody else speaking on stage instead of him). Definitely a great performance, but the quality is really bad, honestly. Horribly noisy and treble-heavy.

Yeah I read somewhere (possibly Bruce's book) that Steve used to do a bit of talking on stage (you can hear a bit at the end of Drifter on the Sanctuary b-side "thank you good night, cheers") but Bruce nipped it in the bud by telling Steve that he was the frontman and he'd do the talking.

I'm surprised to hear Prowler introduced by not Bruce. I genuinely can't even remember another instance of that happening during Bruce's tenure (somebody else speaking on stage instead of him).

The version of Prowler from BOH also is not introduced by Bruce.

Just to bump this - fuckin awesome share @Forostar. I’ve been going through my early bootleg collection and this one still stands out as a firm Beast on the Road favourite.

Maiden World DC++ is not in a good state currently, actually I'm surprised it has managed to be up for so much time. I visit from time to time, and the Maiden shares are largely gone. There are few members that have the usual terabyte worth of rundown of audio/video Maiden stuff. Those members that were meticulous collectors, and those members that focused on getting 100% material of some era, are gone, which is pretty bad because you get your rare boots out of them. The hub is mostly kept alive by people that share other stuff. There are people there that have terabytes of shares with no Maiden at all.

Back in the olden days of the hub you could find everything. Maybe it couldn't be downloaded at once, due to slots and upload capacity and such, but the signature would be left in your queue and you could search for alternates (people that have the same file), and then manage to download the boot somehow in the matter of days.

As for dimeadozen, their search engine is atrocious and they do not have any of the rare stuff. As for blogs, forums and such, I'm highly reserved about the chances of finding the rare stuff there.

I'm searching for sources of Maiden Roskilde 2000 TV broadcast and Bruce Cologne 1998 TV broadcast. The sources are VHS. Take a look at this guy's VHS trading list

He has it all. And he has last updated his page in 2008.

Unfortunately digitizing those VHS boots requires effort. A lot of traders don't do that. Because their archive is huge.

Also has anyone ever seen this :

Ed Hunter VIVA Special (interview all band + promos) 1999
(Virus, VIVA, 4-) 55min.

Brazil 1996 is probably the best Blaze bootleg IMO.
Yep. Great sound, Blaze is in good form and even does some justice to the Bruce era songs. I just wish there was a version of it with the complete setlist that isn't edited--the Fear of the Dark edit in particular is unforgivable, as it's otherwise the best Blaze version you'll find out there.

I had one Blaze bootleg from I think ‘98 “Bueno Vista” something or other. It sounded really good and the band were playing crazy fast and aggressive. I can’t find it now though.

Speaking of bootlegs, what’s the best way to get a hold of some these days. I saw some hubs and such but have no idea how they work or the required etiquette.

I had one Blaze bootleg from I think ‘98 “Bueno Vista” something or other. It sounded really good and the band were playing crazy fast and aggressive. I can’t find it now though.

Speaking of bootlegs, what’s the best way to get a hold of some these days. I saw some hubs and such but have no idea how they work or the required etiquette.

guitar101 forum is a good spot for boots that you can download from a no nonsense link. Deer5001 is a good spot for dvd bootlegs

You probably won't get anything too rare on those sites but they are good if all you are looking for is something decent quality and listenable.

Back