Rant Thread

I feel anger, humiliation and sadness. I'm taking part on a University online course, and we got feedback from our first exam today. I thought the exam was difficult, but it turns out almost everyone else of dozens of students did very well. I was the only one that got a bad grade, really the only one. The lecturer said you need to use logical deduction to answer the questions, and I'm not a logical person. I'm very disappointed and humiliated, not sure I can complete the course because my IQ is not high enough. Back in the offline exam world, it was enough to know the answers, you know? :mad:

My goodness, you've seemed logical enough here. What sort of course is this?
Thank you, very kind of you! :) It's cognitive neuroscience. I'd need that one course to finish my Psychology Subject Studies. I guess I have some sort of analytical mind, and I've been trying to learn more logics. But IQ test kind of deduction just is difficult for me.

BAH, all that is BS. The IQ test thing that is. Personally I don't think it has anything to do with actual IQ and just knowing how to take tests, which can be learned. Like my friend told my about Planet of the Apes, don't read too much into it.

The problem is I can't learn the teacher's style of making questions. Or I can, some of it, but not necessarily enough to do well on the exams. I had a vibe I had picked the wrong answer although I knew the actual subject matter, and turns out that was exactly the case. Well, I need not get a good grade, as long as I pass the course, but that may be hard too.

The problem is I can't learn the teacher's style of making questions. Or I can, some of it, but not necessarily enough to do well on the exams. I had a vibe I had picked the wrong answer although I knew the actual subject matter, and turns out that was exactly the case. Well, I need not get a good grade, as long as I pass the course, but that may be hard too.
That will be the challenge of these online classes. I'm already getting e-mails from students about how they're struggling and it's barely week 2.

I'm on week 3 approximately. I've liked the actual online learning, because it's so flexible. I have no problem understanding the lectures or textbook, or with homework. Just the exam questions. But all is not lost, if I can scrape together just enough points to pass the exams.

Why do anti-mask people exist? Honestly it makes my blood boil when I see people boasting about, for example, going to the supermarket without a mask on purpose, then fighting the staff over MUH RIGHTS. Fucking morons, all of them. I also get irrationally angry every time I see someone improperly wearing a mask (beneath the nose, or super loose so that it loses its purpose).

Actually, I'm most pissed off at people with kids boasting on Twitter how they are teaching their kids not to wear masks. I think it'd be best if those kids were taken away from those pathetic pea brain idiots.

The rant thread perhaps isn't the right place for this, but I've been wondering if it's still all right to disagree about Corona measures if one has grounds for her opinions, maybe partly from the results of scientific studies? Masks is probably not the best example, because countries have different Corona situations and amount of crowds etc. For a long time now, I've decided to stay silent because arguments make me upset. Would like to voice my opinion sometimes, but I'm afraid to get heated feedback.

to disagree about Corona measures if one has grounds for her opinions

My ex is from an island and lives there, once tourists go away they'll be probably stopping with the masks collectively even if the government says otherwise. There are a couple of hundred of people in the town who support eachother throughout winter and such, it is not an urban life, you don't self isolate unless you're really fucked up, because you depend on people and people depend on you. Psychological health and the perspective of the town (that has centuries of history) is at stake if the already tough "traditional" life gets even tougher.

On the other hand, I feel no obligation anymore towards anyone. Our government shutdown the economy and then they reopened churches, weddings, and night clubs. The politicians themselves are running around infected, as they never followed the measures they imposed to the rest of the population.

I wear a mask to the shop because I respect the staff and live in a densely populated environment, but I really, really don't give a fuck about COVID-19 any more.

Masks are a huge psychological factor for the children in school. In Croatia we don't do private schools and everyone's in the public, meaning president's niece is in the same class with a child whose parents are on social care. They also need to standardize and give same masks for everyone because it is widening the social gap. I also don't want to give any money to mask industry.

"Hello can I get a mask?"
"Yeah, here you go, 100 pcs for 50e."
"umm..how about one?"
"we don't sell single masks".

Every single brand store or brand corner shop around me. Single masks only available in small "private" shops that come 1 to 10 against these.

Interesting. You can buy as many masks as you want here: one, two, thirty-five, whatever. Price per mask: 0.30 euro.

Least favorite neighbour's renovation noises:
1. Drilling
2. Hammering
3. Fighting.

The renovation's been happening on and off for 1,5 years now. I understand you have a day job, but kindly finish it quickly or leave it! How can it possibly take so long to do a tiny apartment, do you keep doing and redoing it or what?!!

Are you sure the drilling and hammering sounds are related to the renovation? Perhaps the fighting got way too serious...

Back