Rant Thread

I had a series of distressing encounters with various public sector representatives in the past few days, and they all amounted to the outburst. Sorry again.

So tired of commuting on public transport. Hours spent every day going back and forth amidst countless strangers. So fucking annoying.

Does anyone know how to hijack an Amazon Echo and make it play black metal? Anything except full blast motown, really. Asking for a friend. :mad:
If it's in your vicinity, then walk up to it, lean in close, and quietly (but clearly) say, "Alexa, play Ghost Of Perdition".
On the other hand, you'd probably have more luck with Led Zeppelin or Flying Whales.

So I don't really listen to all that much music anymore in public because I found I'm growing weary of earphones rather quickly. Since I'm not terribly interested in what other people are doing, I space out rather quickly in a public place such as a bus or a café, and I can actually concentrate on my work very well.

Except for when the café I'm sitting in chooses to torture my ears with free jazz.

Fucking free jazz. It's about as far from what I'm looking for in music as possible. I know it's super artistic and full of statement and expression, but for god's sake. Go and do your artistic exploration, but leave me out of it. I'm a conservative old fart who likes to either have structure in his music or doesn't want music at all.

Fuck's sake. I fucking hate free jazz.

Guy sends me a WhatsApp message asking if I can help him. His problem: He only has a B2 certificate and requires a C1 certificate for an application which he claims he will be able to submit later.
He forwards me an email explaining in very basic English that he can submit a C1 certificate after his application but has to submit it if and when he gets selected.
He asks me if this means that he will have to submit a C1 certificate with his application, because he can only do so afterwards.

I conclude he will probably not get a C1 certificate.

Imagine having to lie your way through in a language you don't understand. Now that would be skills.

I remember reading about an old Hollywood actor who actually went to audition although he didn't really speak English, somehow bulshitted his way through and got the part, learning the lines in the movie phonetically afterwards. Maybe Peter Lorre?

Anyway, if that's true, now that's a class of actor rarely seen.

The corner shop changed coffee vendor, from Lavazza to Barcaffe.
It's a sad day for my caffeine addiction.

Back