Adrian Smith

They did work together to see how to distribute solos, which ones will be doubled, etc. It is possible they've at least jammed together both SIASL and WY, maybe to try harmonizing some parts etc.

Shows that Janick is a professional. At those '99 dates he is filling in Smith's role in soloing in those songs, rather than being himself.

They did work together to see how to distribute solos, which ones will be doubled, etc. It is possible they've at least jammed together both SIASL and WY, maybe to try harmonizing some parts etc.

Shows that Janick is a professional. At those '99 dates he is filling in Smith's role in soloing in those songs, rather than being himself.
Janick is great. The Janick bashing grew old 20 years ago.

Janick is great. The Janick bashing grew old 20 years ago.
Nah, Janick kinda stinks, and the “Leave Janick Alone” whining has always been old. He’s co-written a few good songs, but he’s not on the same level as Adrian and Dave, and the band was better before he showed up. It may not be fashionable to point that out anymore, but it is what it is, you know.

Nah, Janick kinda stinks, and the “Leave Janick Alone” whining has always been old. He’s co-written a few good songs, but he’s not on the same level as Adrian and Dave, and the band was better before he showed up. It may not be fashionable to point that out anymore, but it is what it is, you know.
I love Dave, but he's not a monumentally skilled guitarist. He's by far the least creative guitarist, composition-wise and playing development wise. Janick is a Blackmore style improvisation guitarist and some find that off in Maiden - Fine, that's ok. But he's not a bad player and he experiments on stage and doesn't phone it in.

Both of them would beg to differ.
The same is with "Clive is better than Nicko" bunch. Steve Harris begs to differ and I think that weighs in like an elephant.

Both of them would beg to differ.
The same is with "Clive is better than Nicko" bunch. Steve Harris begs to differ and I think that weighs in like an elephant.
Obviously the band doesn’t agree that Janick stinks or they would have given him the boot when Bruce and Adrian returned. And I think these days Harris’s contributions hurt the band about as much as they help. For every great bit he brings to the table there’s some crappy production decision or terribly phrased lyric to balance it out. I have no illusions that my opinion is anything but a minority opinion, but that doesn’t mean it’s an invalid one. It’s not an exceedingly rare one, either.

Whilst I think that Janick did butcher Adrian's solos during the 90s, I also think that his live playing improved significantly once Adrian returned to the band. I cannot say the same about Davey...

So, Adrian has a YouTube channel now. All fishing, of course. I hope it won't just be active for the duration of the book promo and we'll instead be getting more random anecdotal videos about fishing or whatever else of the type his wife has been posting on Instagram.

So, Adrian has a YouTube channel now. All fishing, of course. I hope it won't just be active for the duration of the book promo and we'll instead be getting more random anecdotal videos about fishing or whatever else of the type his wife has been posting on Instagram.
Anyone would think he was angling for something :innocent:

Gone overboard a bit with the branding I think:
merch2.jpg

I'm a bit ambivalent about the logo where he's casting a line that turns into his signature: I can't decide if it's actually quite clever and cool, or slightly cringeworthy and frankly a bit naff. But whatever, it's very retro - which should please the "play classics" brigade :D

Back