Gojira

Their music is like Frankenstein's monster before its awakening: it's made up of many separate parts stitched together, and the spark of life is absent.
Well I was right. Stop listening to Five Finger Death Punch and turn on Flying Whales instead.
My complaint was, first and foremost, directed at From Mars To Sirius itself. Silvera is the only Gojira song I even remotely like, and I've never heard FFDP.

I want to like Gojira, but listening to them is like eating sawdust.
Their music is like Frankenstein's monster before its awakening: it's made up of many separate parts stitched together, and the spark of life is absent.
My complaint was, first and foremost, directed at From Mars To Sirius itself. Silvera is the only Gojira song I even remotely like, and I've never heard FFDP.
You know what? I'd like to retract those statements.

Gojira's a mosh-inducing band? I never thought of them as one.
This, however, stays.

Better atmosphere than Magma, but still kinda too simple-ish, especially the drums. Mario can do better than that. Also, the main riff repeats way too much.

Still, better than I expected.

Care to share your thoughts?

Well... sure... but I don't know myself if I like the song or not and I don't want to post an opinion on someone's work based on just a couple of listens. In general, I have to listen to a song many times to make an opinion. On top of that, I don't think I can write a review that is worth reading the same way you guys do.

Well... sure... but I don't know myself if I like the song or not and I don't want to post an opinion on someone's work based on just a couple of listens. In general, I have to listen to a song many times to make an opinion. On top of that, I don't think I can write a review that is worth reading the same way you guys do.
Some people here like to review entire albums (hundreds of them) after the first listen by simply describing the structure of every song, so you can't really do any worse! :p I understand what you mean though. When the musicians start analyzing every aspect of a song I often don't have a clue what they're talking about.

Anyway, 'Another World' seems to be a, er, solid song. It's a step up in heaviness compared to most of 'Magma' and sort of straddles the gap between 'Magma' and 'L'Enfant Sauvage'. It's nothing close to 'The Way of All Flesh' though. I don't think they'll ever manage to write an album like that again.

I am pretty meh on the new tune, feels formulaic. Some interesting parts toward the end though.

Singles are written for specific purposes, it's not really the right place for being adventurous in my opinion. Gojira plays safe and recycles recipes that define its identity and I quite like it.

151269234_256463762510388_5081766954192493646_n.jpg

Back