Rant Thread

A buddy bought some small robo-spider kit. When we unboxed it there was a bag with bunch of servo motors, a plastic undercarriage, and a few bags with nuts and bolts. There were no instructions, just a label, inside the fucking box so it isn't visible on the shelf in shop, "register and get schematics at www.fuckingasshats.com".

I use similar unique system as Abas, but unfortunately my formula started only with lowercase letters. Then I was forced ot add uppercase, and numbers, and special symbols - so now even know I know my password for every service, from time to time I still have to guess which variation is it. Shit sucks man.

password_strength.png

This is so frustrating. For christmas, many years ago, a friend got me a TV. An Avera. If it sounds cheap that's cuz they are. Anyway, not soon after getting it and setting it up one of my dogs ate the remote. We got an RCA universal controller. Problem is, now that i'm in mexico I finally got around to rescanning the channel list for regular tv as I'm not getting cable and my gf "misses" regular tv (aka everything in Spanish.) I've been able to work the TV from the actual buttons on the television for years, input, channel up to select options volume up to select (or other way around, not important). Point is, I was able to access the menu and very clumsily get it to reset, but I can't do an auto-scan as there is no "enter" input. On the menu screen, volume and channel only move you vertically and horizontally, but they don't select. I've looked EVERYWHERE online for a tutorial and there isn't ONE about how to do it without a remote. UGH.

The "Enter" button on the RCA remote has never worked. I used it for changing channels, volume, etc, but never had to reset my tv. Noticed many of the buttons do other functions than those labeled. Not one article, video, or blog on how to handle this without a remote. FUCK TECHNOLOGY

I've looked EVERYWHERE online for a tutorial and there isn't ONE about how to do it without a remote. UGH.

The "Enter" button on the RCA remote has never worked.
If you know the model number of your TV, you could consider buying a replacement Avera remote. They seem to have them on Amazon and eBay unless you have some really oddball model.

Also, this page for one Avera model suggests that you don’t need to hit enter to start an auto-scan, you just need to hit whatever your “right” button is twice on that option: https://www.manualslib.com/manual/1180443/Avera-24aer10.html?page=20

If you know the model number of your TV, you could consider buying a replacement Avera remote. They seem to have them on Amazon and eBay unless you have some really oddball model.

Also, this page for one Avera model suggests that you don’t need to hit enter to start an auto-scan, you just need to hit whatever your “right” button is twice on that option: https://www.manualslib.com/manual/1180443/Avera-24aer10.html?page=20
I have looked. Amazon says , "not available" and eBay is asking WAY too much money. The seller wants 280 pesos PLUS almost 400 for shipping. No thanks. I have one more resort, but I have to wait for this corona thing to settle.

Asians use a kind of tiny metal spoon. Think coke spoon but smaller and shaped a bit like a shovel. They don't go that deep though (I think), I suppose they just scrape the walls from inside out a bit. That similar to Romans?

I saw an ad for a soft silicone spiral thingy that I think could work well. Soft, so you don't endanger the drum and by spinning the spiral just takes the nasty stuff out.

Isn´t it ironic the package of my new toothbrush says "easy open" and it took me ages to open the thing?? I could rip off a tiny piece of the package but still not enough to get the toothbrush.

If, in late 1989, someone had told me that 30+ years later I'd still be protesting against (basically the same) arrogant scum believing they're above the law and ruining my country on a daily basis, I might have killed myself on the spot.
Which only shows, yet again, why not knowing your future is vital.
#IgnoranceSavesLives

I'm also happy I didn't know 30 years ago how certain things would turn out to be. Would have been difficult to motivate myself for my life: "You'll never have a permanent job, and don't bother studying your degree, it won't get you very far. And you can stop dreaming about a wedding, you'll never wear a wedding dress in your life!"

Back