Iron Maiden confirmed on the "Download TV Festival" - June 12-14

A little preview from Download TV for tomorrow:

.... it seems the song from LOTB will be ''Aces High'' - and this is meh, since there is already a pro-shot quality from RIR of it in YouTube (RIR channel in youtube released 3 songs with pro-shot quality - Aces High, Revelations and Iron Maiden).
Also, in this teaser it can be seen the big Eddie from AMOLAD tour and the Maiden tweet says: ''There'll be over an hour of Maiden some of which you won't have seen before... and it's a ONE TIME ONLY live stream so don’t miss it''. - hope the whole thing will end up on YouTube after the stream.

As much as I love Bruce, the RIR was not a good performance. Any pro-shot version that is better than RIR will be most welcome.

ONE TIME ONLY Live stream means that will they erase the video from youtube one day later because the footage will be included in some dvd?
Damn, I will be at work. Hopes someone will record this and post somewhere.
I'm certain that some people will record it. It's pointless removing this sort of thing from Youtube after the stream has finished because there's all sorts of software that can record live streams.
Probably some footage from Download 2007.
Which many people have seen footage of already. There must have been a lot of editing to avoid having any shots obscured by flags.

Which many people have seen footage of already. There must have been a lot of editing to avoid having any shots obscured by flags.
Leave that to Steve. I'm sure he'll be able to throw in some shots from Avengers, Guardians of the Galaxy, Live after Death and from Bruce Dickinson's 97 Sau Paulo performance. Just a second or two from each. That way we won't be able to differentiate it from his usual style of editing.

Oh God. This programme has far too much talking about how great Download is, and assorted Donington reminiscences because y'know it's such a legendary festival. Not sure why I expected anything else, to be honest. The Download footage shows screened in the past have been heavy on the 'let's talk about how great Download is' and too light on the actual music content.

They're showing Maiden from 2013, Trooper, as a taster for tomorrow night. Maybe Maiden are going to be the only worthwhile content.

Yeah. It's a taster for tomorrow as the Rod's interview. Rod is talking about his bike rides trough the world and heavy metal truants.

I thought the evening show might have more music. This is what I expected of the daytime content

Trying to figure out how to rip this in preparation for Maiden

EDIT: figured it out:edmetal:

Last edited:
Or was that Steel Panther? I wasn't paying attention tbh
Steel Panther was playing a Kiss cover from their homes
Anyway I don't see Maiden playing from their homes because they're very traditional guys and also the feedback is not the same. well…It's just thousand of chat Messages from the people running at the speed of light :lol:

Back