Iron Maiden confirmed on the "Download TV Festival" - June 12-14

At least, we'd see Adrian play Children of the Damned's solo.

Yes, I'm staring at you, Beast over Hammersmith camera guy.

That wasn't his fault though. Adrian was injured and didn't give much of a performance worth putting on film.

Didn't he specifically request that he isn't filmed? I seem to recall that's how it went. Either way, it's not on the cameraman but whoever's doing the editing. Of course if somebody doesn't have a camera on them most of the time (like Nicko on LAD) then there's only so much the editor can do, but that's a whole 'nother issue.

Also, BOH was scrapped because it was shit. It was only eventually released as bonus footage. It's a bit much complaining about it.

The weather has been absolutely 100% Download-typical. It's currently windy and bucketing down, just as people would be setting up tents. More rain forecast tomorrow, although there are higher temperatures and some sun on Saturday and Sunday. Which would ensure festivalgoers would go home wet, muddy, and sunburnt too.

Who hasn't? Especially with shots where in one picture ie. Bruce was on one side of the stage and on another one you could see that he's in completly different place. :facepalm:

I had my doubts about the split-screen editing of En Vivo! but I think it ended up being ok! Yes, there are few inconsistencies and other pitfalls, like the one mentioned above, and when one of the split screens has shots from the European(/Australian) leg with full stage set and The Talisman backdrop makes a short appearance even though it wasn't featured in the show the footage is supposed to present and that kind of stuff, but the effect itself is used rather well, in my opinion.

It goes a bit gimmicky, yes, but other than that, the editing is lightyears ahead of Steve "Scissorhands" Harris' most recent works on that department, the pace is ok, even bit of an improvement from Flight 666 (most of the shots being only from two shows probably helped too) and overall, I think En Vivo! is very pleasant to watch, even if the use of split screen isn't anything I'd specifically want from Maiden concert footage. At least the whole thing is put together by rather capable professionals and at least for me, the editing altogether is rather tasteful there.

A little preview from Download TV for tomorrow:

.... it seems the song from LOTB will be ''Aces High'' - and this is meh, since there is already a pro-shot quality from RIR of it in YouTube (RIR channel in youtube released 3 songs with pro-shot quality - Aces High, Revelations and Iron Maiden).
Also, in this teaser it can be seen the big Eddie from AMOLAD tour and the Maiden tweet says: ''There'll be over an hour of Maiden some of which you won't have seen before... and it's a ONE TIME ONLY live stream so don’t miss it''. - hope the whole thing will end up on YouTube after the stream.

ONE TIME ONLY Live stream means that will they erase the video from youtube one day later because the footage will be included in some dvd?
I'm afraid that the footage that we've never seen before is about the Rod and Nicko's interviews

Back