Iron Maiden confirmed on the "Download TV Festival" - June 12-14

It's 1000 times better than Death on the Road.
+1. DOTR has so many quick cuts and unsteady shots it does something funny to my brain and makes me uncontrollably sleepy any time I try to watch it.

But at least the guitars are not switched during same song and during one minute of the song there is European crowd, and in the second minute of the song there are only Asians in the front row.

Maiden always did that. Even Rock in Rio is not footage from a single show. But usually, these things will only be spotted with repeated watchings and by people who pay close attention. With TBOS, it was very blatant to the point that it was distracting. It was obvious that whoever edited it didn't care because it was only going to be for online streaming and nobody would ever pay any money for watching it. They probably would have given a minimum amount of shit if it would have gotten a physical release or been available for paying customers only.

I don't know how video editing works, but to me the reason that footage from different shows is being used in the same song could only possibly be deliberate. I just can't comprehend the idea that it's accidental that it occurs, or that it's laziness that it wasn't spotted.

Like how could footage from one show getting mixed in with another show be anything other than deliberate? How would a few frames from one gig accidentally end up in the middle of another gig?

And therefore I'm of the opinion, that the reason that such footage is used is to cover up even shitter footage from the main show.

EDIT: and if Maiden where the real bastards that everyone thinks they are then they really should have spliced footage of Bruce on the cross from a different gig into Rock in Rio.

Live at Donington is Maiden's worst video by a very, very long way, black and white shots, slomos etc.
But that album was in 1992 so that types of videos were popular at that time. Metallica Live Shit was also full of slomos.

Live Chapter is just terrible because it was released in 2017. I can't stand that you in 2017 released such a lazy video edited concert with all this tech.today.

I don't know how video editing works, but to me the reason that footage from different shows is being used in the same song could only possibly be deliberate. I just can't comprehend the idea that it's accidental that it occurs, or that it's laziness that it wasn't spotted.

Like how could footage from one show getting mixed in with another show be anything other than deliberate? How would a few frames from one gig accidentally end up in the middle of another gig?

And therefore I'm of the opinion, that the reason that such footage is used is to cover up even shitter footage from the main show.

EDIT: and if Maiden where the real bastards that everyone thinks they are then they really should have spliced footage of Bruce on the cross from a different gig into Rock in Rio.

It's evidently not accidental. It's probably due to considerations like Steve wanting a good shot of Dave at one particular moment and not having one from that show so he took something else. Now to be clear, I don't think it's nefarious in and of itself. Live albums and videos are always edited to provide a rounder, glossier product; if you don't like that, move to bootlegs. But with Maiden, there are two things that bother me:
1) if the splicing together of footage is so glaringly obvious that you could tell the editor doesn't give a fuck. If the guitar changes colours in a brief shot during a song that's one thing, nobody but the biggest geeks would probably notice. But if it's so in-your-face like with LOTB, with different audiences, no attempt at smooth transitions between songs, and whatever else there was that I don't remember anymore, it's just annoying.
2) Steve's editing style in particular. Rock in Rio was bad, but Death on the Road was a lot worse. You got lightning fast cuts between band members, not getting the opportunity to watch a musician for more than a few seconds. This is okay if it's supported by the fast pace of a song, like The Trooper, but DotR did it everywhere, whether it's Wrathchild or the intro to No More Lies. The cuts did not reflect the pacing of the song at all.

It is not a question of being real bastards mate, but of quality control. ;)

Over the years we have been sold the idea that Steve is a perfectionist that painstakingly reviews every frame, whilst in reality he is happy to sanction the release (everything the band releases, be it T-shirts or DVDs, needs to be approved by him) of sloppily edited videos riddled with mistakes like clothes and guitars changing mid-song. It might look good to him, but it does look rather shoddy and amateurish to me.

Maybe deep down, Steve is still the old East End punk who actually wants to sell an attitude, and that's why he gives us products with a raw vibe such as the DoD cover.

Took me ages to dig out the Download TV schedules. The evening shows are on Youtube, from 7pm UK, 8pm in Europe (what, all of Europe?), 11am US Pacific time, 2pm US eastern time. Some time into the future in Japan and Australia, that timetravelling bunch.

Sat evening artists (I assume in this order, but who knows): Alter Bridge, Funeral For A Friend, Loathe, Poppy, Creeper, Mastodon, Holding Absence, The Wildhearts, Bush, Killswitch Engage, Those Damn Crows, The Pretty Reckless, Gojira and Iron Maiden.
So three bands I'd like to see there. An exclusive performance from Amaranthe is part of the Saturday afternoon programme (Facebook, Twitch and Twitter).

There's a KISS makeup tutorial on Friday afternoon. Do not miss. Friday evening features: Lacuna Coil, PUP, Motionless In White, Steel Panther, Wargasm, WWE NXT Superstars (???), Biffy Clyro, Sleep Token, Airbourne, Wayward Sons, Fozzy, The Offspring, Black Veil Brides, Frank Carter & The Rattlesnakes, Deftones and KISS. Not unlike watching Kerrang! channel on a Friday, then.

Sunday evening artists from 4.25pm to 9pm UK (curfew so the residents of Castle Donington don't get kept up on a school night?): Babymetal, The Darkness, Baroness, The Hara, Volbeat, Periphery, Bowling For Soup, Korn, Skillet, Wage War, Powerwolf, Disturbed, Alestorm and System Of A Down. So 3-4 bands I'd be interested in seeing stuff from there.
Please, put this in the opening post.

What about Download 2007? I remembered that Bruce said that show was recorded for live a DVD. Maybe it is time for some pro.footage.
I think that Download 2007 is the 'Alexander the Great' of recorded Iron Maiden festivals shows. It will forever be requested but will never be shown for reasons that have been repeated time after time, most notably because there were so many bloody flags.

I think that Download 2007 is the 'Alexander the Great' of recorded Iron Maiden festivals shows. It will forever be requested but will never be shown for reasons that have been repeated time after time, most notably because there were so many bloody flags.

I watched it when it was streamed originally and I have a video file of it. It was a good show, but it doesn't warrant an official release.

I find Death on the Road unwatchable. I don't think I've ever managed to watch more than about 20 minutes of it.

Honestly, I prefer watching bootlegs of the most recent tours for the most part. There is some great quality bootleg footage of pretty much every tour they've done since around 2006.

I think Maiden's "headline" show will consist of The Trooper, Phantom of the Opera and Fear of the Dark from the 2013 show. Speed of Light, Children of the Damned, The Book of Souls and Blood Brothers from 2016. And then the two interviews and one song from last year and that should make it a little over one hour.

I watched it when it was streamed originally and I have a video file of it. It was a good show, but it doesn't warrant an official release.

If it was to be released then Bruce having a go at "sharon wankers" wouldn't make the final cut for obvious reasons. Which is possibly one of the reasons the idea was scrapped.

I definitely didn't see the egg tossing from where I was standing at the time. Mind you, I was doing my best to stay on my feet during 'Different World' while trying to continue moving forward. Everyone around me was also too tall. <_<

I also have no recollection of Bruce saying "Sharon wankers", but his rants have tended to pass me by.

I definitely didn't see the egg tossing from where I was standing at the time. Mind you, I was doing my best to stay on my feet during 'Different World' while trying to continue moving forward. Everyone around me was also too tall. <_<

I also have no recollection of Bruce saying "Sharon wankers", but his rants have tended to pass me by.

Rant 9 minutes and 25 seconds into the broadcast:

Back