Bruce Dickinson

Moving on from yesterday's sad news, I think some of you were fawning over some demos from 'Skunkworks' a while ago after Chris Dale uploaded them all to Youtube. Well Blabbermouth has just published an article about it (how timely of them!): https://blabbermouth.net/news/bruce...rehearsal-recordings-and-demos-posted-online/

In a demonstration of excellent journalism, the article has some quotes from Wikipedia and, as is often the case, the comments section is pure gold with Chris Dale himself weighing in:

1589899743398.png

:D

The bottom guy totally misses the point that Chris uploaded the videos himself though.

Moving on from yesterday's sad news, I think some of you were fawning over some demos from 'Skunkworks' a while ago after Chris Dale uploaded them all to Youtube. Well Blabbermouth has just published an article about it (how timely of them!): https://blabbermouth.net/news/bruce...rehearsal-recordings-and-demos-posted-online/

In a demonstration of excellent journalism, the article has some quotes from Wikipedia and, as is often the case, the comments section is pure gold with Chris Dale himself weighing in:

View attachment 11980

:D

The bottom guy totally misses the point that Chris uploaded the videos himself though.

The bottom guy is a member of the Skunkworks Facebook group created by Chris Dale. ;)

I didn't realize that. I'm not on Facebook though. Chris shared posted all those videos himself though, so I don't see what point the bottom guy is making.

I didn't realize that. I'm not on Facebook though.

Neither am I, but it is a public group with some interesting conversations about the Skunkworks era. ;) Chris Dale is working on a book about that time.

Chris shared posted all those videos himself though, so I don't see what point the bottom guy is making.

I agree the point is definitely not clear, especially considering that the group is public and the videos can be watched by everyone. However, Chris Dale has asked people not to share the material (photos) that gets posted there. The bottom guy is probably referring to that.

Why would the Maiden website do that?

Why? Because she was a member of the Iron Maiden family for almost 30 years, and was probably friendly with many in the Maiden "family". It does indeed seem strange to me that there's no official statement from Iron Maiden.

My guess would be that Bruce asked them not to.

I wouldn't think if was weird either way, whether they issued a statement or not. She wasn't a public Iron Maiden figure. I'm sure loads of condolences have been offered within the Iron Maiden extended family.

I see absolutely no reason why Iron Maiden would put publicize the death of a family member on the official website. It's none of our business. Most of us know nothing about her - although I'm sure GhostOfCain knows a weird amount - and she was not a member of the band. Which other bands would release a statement about a family member dying?

I really feel for their kids. They have gone through quite a bit the last years with Bruce's cancer, the divorce and now this.

The whole 'Maiden family' thing is a way of describing the tour entourage
Yes, and if a long term member of the stage crew died then it might be mentioned on the official website but I'm sure there would be a tribute in the fanclub magazine. Partners of band members are not relevant to fans and we don't have a right to hear about them, although Steve does like parading his children in front of us.
Many other bands, just not Maiden. (Which I'm fine with, but just sayin'.)
Who?

They never released any statements before when anyone else close to the band died as far as I can remember.

They never released any statements before when anyone else close to the band died as far as I can remember.

They might not on their website, but the Fan Club magazine has done when someone close to the band (members of the road crew, longtime fans, etc.) had died.

Clive Burr.
Ok, three epic records with Maiden and all that, but he had left the band 30 years earlier.

To the ones who wrote that it's not necessary for Maiden to release any statement about Paddy's death: I think you're wrong.

The only way I get the fact they didn't is the scenario of Bruce telling them not to.
She was Maiden's frontman wife for more than 3 decades, a common affect in Maiden camp, through Bruce. A friend of other members' wives, most certainly.

One thing is keeping things private, another thing is ignoring facts and events. I got the thing about keeping Bruce cancer treatments private as long as they could, not to leave room for speculations and all that. But here, if it really was a tragic domestic accident, I don't see the point in not remembering her. I mean, that's obviously not Maiden's intent, but that could be the effect we get from the outside.

This is my take on the matter.

Back