Bruce Dickinson

It's weird that Maiden official website don't make a statement about this and express their condolences to Bruce and his kids and Paddy's family.
We have to know it from the news or metal blog sites

First time posting here. Would have preferred a happier occasion.

Paddy's death is a bolt from the blue. My thoughts are with her family, her sons and who has lost someone, particularly Bruce 'cause he's facing some very hard years.

RIP

Arguably it's relevant contextualizing info, but yeah, realistically they solely did it because tabloids gonna tabloid. Make the article longer, but also adds some dramatics to the article.

Rest in peace. What a terrible thing to happen. Even if Bruce and Paddy were estranged and about to divorce, I can't imagine it's very easy to deal with your wife of nearly 30 years dying out of the blue like that, not to mention their kids losing their mother. The Maiden tour being cancelled may be a blessing in disguise considering this, it's one less thing on Bruce's plate.

I mean, the title of the article alone insinuates that Bruce murdered her. Which as a first take on the passing is extremely inappropriate, tasteless, and frankly, betrays how little respect this paper has for both the living and the dead. I'd go so far as to argue that they don't even respect their readership as they presuppose that that's the story everyone wants to hear. Anyway, enough about the tabloid.

Rest in peace and condolences to her family.

I mean, the title of the article alone insinuates that Bruce murdered her.

?????

Are you confusing "estranged" (i.e. no longer close or affectionate to someone; alienated) with "strangled"?

I hate The Sun with a passion, but the headline does not insinuate that Bruce murdered his estranged wife!

I mean, the title of the article alone insinuates that Bruce murdered her. Which as a first take on the passing is extremely inappropriate, tasteless, and frankly, betrays how little respect this paper has for both the living and the dead. I'd go so far as to argue that they don't even respect their readership as they presuppose that that's the story everyone wants to hear. Anyway, enough about the tabloid.

Rest in peace and condolences to her family.

The Sun is a scum rag and the worst newspaper in the world. That article about Paddy's death is tasteful in comparison to most of what they write.

?????

Are you confusing "estranged" (i.e. no longer close or affectionate to someone; alienated) with "strangled"?

I hate The Sun with a passion, but the headline does not insinuate that Bruce murdered his estranged wife!

Clarification before this gets out of hand: When I read the title and the subsequent article, I got the sense that they were trying to get the reader to entertain the idea that something fishy had happened and maybe Bruce had something to do with it (note how his name is placed, the words used). So perhaps not murder directly but something of that nature.

Yet more clarification: This is obviously my opinion and interpretation of this title and article. NOT facts. I'm not saying that I believe this to be the case, I'm saying that the article invites you to entertain the idea. Which is tasteless. And we should stop talking about it here.

Unless stated otherwise, everything I've ever written on here and will write are my own opinion. Jeezus people.

Exactly, the article leads you down the thought process of thinking "her death is timely for Bruce, saves him a lot of money on the divorce bill".

But that is not the same as the title suggesting he murdered her, is it?

Either way, shitty newspaper.

The Sun were dropping all kinds of little bits of information in to get readers' speculative brains whirring, rather than implying any one thing. The photos of Leana were uncalled for, even if a totally Sunsploitation thing to do, as it tends to be with any article involving women. The Mail (surprise surprise) also ran some grossly misleading stuff a little while ago, which uninformed non Maiden fans immediately took as gospel. I'm not about to defend these papers, even as an ex journo, because I know how cynical their editorial policy/marketing people are, and have met some of the near-sociopathic freelances and so-called private investigators who peddle this crap. (Staff reporters are a mixed bag - some of them are good journalists who nevertheless are required to write to a particular editorial policy, and plan to move to a job of choice once they have that option).

The Sun were dropping all kinds of little bits of information in to get readers' speculative brains whirring, rather than implying any one thing. The photos of Leana were uncalled for, even if a totally Sunsploitation thing to do, as it tends to be with any article involving women. The Mail (surprise surprise) also ran some grossly misleading stuff a little while ago, which uninformed non Maiden fans immediately took as gospel. I'm not about to defend these papers, even as an ex journo, because I know how cynical their editorial policy/marketing people are, and have met some of the near-sociopathic freelances and so-called private investigators who peddle this crap. (Staff reporters are a mixed bag - some of them are good journalists who nevertheless are required to write to a particular editorial policy, and plan to move to a job of choice once they have that option).

This.

Also all reports seem to come from one source. They all contain same misinformation.

This.

Also all reports seem to come from one source. They all contain same misinformation.

That is why I posted the link to the story from The Independent here:

It mentions what had happened, Bruce's statement, and the comments from the London Ambulance Service:

The Sun should have gone with "Heavy Metal WAG found dead - our Page 3 Girls comment"

The Daily Mail: "Immigrants seen nearby house of Iron Maiden singer's dead wife". Then six bullet points explaining the article before repeating those exact same points in the article itself.

The Daily Express: "Bruce Dickinson's WIFE found dead - she's with Diana now"

Back