Adrian, Janick and Dave's guitars and Steve's basses

Here Adrian Smith seems to play an Aria II Pro and Dave Murray an Ibanez Roadstar, not sure if they owned it or they were loaned.

Adrian recorded most if not all of Powerslave with an Ibanez Roadstar model, but his one had a maple fretboard. I'm pretty sure Dave his playing his personal guitar here.

Here Adrian Smith seems to play an Aria II Pro and Dave Murray an Ibanez Roadstar, not sure if they owned it or they were loaned.

I think H is playing Vivian Campbell's Aria (while putting his own strap on it) and Dave is playing one of those Ibanezes that were given to him during the short lived endorsment or even a guitar that was owned by the studio.

Here is Vivian Campbell with this guitar.

1586273848458.png

And Viv playing it in 1985, on Don't Talk To Strangers

It surprises me that Janick plays an Epiphone Les Paul, instead a Gibson... can anybody tell me why is this? Does he have an endorsement with Epiphone? Maybe he doesn't have money enough to buy a Gibson?:)

Hey all. I'm back. I'm finally getting round to doing a second Maiden vid.

Do you guys have any links/quotes/proof of what was 100% used on Number of the Beast title track gear wise?

The phaser/flanger in the beginning, guitars, speakers etc?

I was the dude who did this:

Question:

What kind of pickups Adrian used in his HSS strat during Dance of Death tour?

I want to buy fender player hss and upgrade it a little.

Standard. Probably. I'm talking about one that he used ie. during Paschendale.

For that one, I assume it had a DiMarzio Tone Zone at the time. It wasn't a Super Distortion, since it had screw polepieces. The Drop D Fender (#2) had a stock Fender humbucker that came with Fender Floyd Rose Classic Strats in 2000 or so.

I'm trying to find best example of this guitar however I don't know which one is drop D.

But basically I'm talking about this one:

And

Don't know if it's the same one guitar but seems like it.

I'm trying to find best example of this guitar however I don't know which one is drop D.

But basically I'm talking about this one:

And

Don't know if it's the same one guitar but seems like it.

It isn't. The first one is what I refer to as Sunburst Strat #1 (Standard on DOTR) and the 2nd is Sunburst Strat #2 (Drop D on DOTR).

1586547857904.png

#1 is in front and #2 is 3rd in the row.

It surprises me that Janick plays an Epiphone Les Paul, instead a Gibson... can anybody tell me why is this? Does he have an endorsement with Epiphone? Maybe he doesn't have money enough to buy a Gibson?:)

And Dave Murray used an Epiphone Les Paul Futura on the Final Frontier tour in 2011, and his Sunburst Strat is a Mexico manufactured Fender (a California series from 1997). The reason is: They are still good instruments. Not everything has to be custom shop.

And Dave Murray used an Epiphone Les Paul Futura on the Final Frontier tour in 2011, and his Sunburst Strat is a Mexico manufactured Fender (a California series from 1997). The reason is: They are still good instruments. Not everything has to be custom shop.

Actually California Series Strats are some kind of Mexico prototypes made in USA. A mid-tier Strat.

Actually California Series Strats are some kind of Mexico prototypes made in USA. A mid-tier Strat.
Got that wrong then. Looked for info now and according to this website, some of the work on the guitar was done in Mexico:

Easily identified by the "AMXN" serial numbers, Fender's California Series was a joint effort between Fender's California and Ensenada, Mexico factories, with body carving and final assembly happening in America and painting done south of the border. Three Tex-Mex pickups differentiate the basic California Strat from its HSS "California Fat Stratocaster" counterpart, and California Stratocasters are without Fender's notorious "swimming pool" route.

It isn't. The first one is what I refer to as Sunburst Strat #1 (Standard on DOTR) and the 2nd is Sunburst Strat #2 (Drop D on DOTR).

View attachment 11731

#1 is in front and #2 is 3rd in the row.
Great photo and info!

One thing I noticed about Adrians playing on DOTR, is that he stopped using drop D on some songs. He used in on Wrathchild and Hallowed on the BNW tour but stopped on the DOD tour. I love the heaviness of Hallowed on RIR and his drop d playing adds to that.

Great photo and info!

One thing I noticed about Adrians playing on DOTR, is that he stopped using drop D on some songs. He used in on Wrathchild and Hallowed on the BNW tour but stopped on the DOD tour. I love the heaviness of Hallowed on RIR and his drop d playing adds to that.
I'm pretty sure he stopped playing Hallowed in drop D in 2005 or 2006 or something. It was discussed in this thread at some point. He still plays Wrathchild in drop D to my knowledge too.

I'm pretty sure he stopped playing Hallowed in drop D in 2005 or 2006 or something. It was discussed in this thread at some point. He still plays Wrathchild in drop D to my knowledge too.

HBTN is still in Drop D on DOTR.

Meanwhile CIPWM and Wrathchild are standard. Probably to avoid guitar switching at the beginning of the set.

Back