Coronavirus

At 8pm today people in the UK are being asked to clap from their window, balcony or doorway to show appreciation for the country's medical staff, much like what has been done in Italy, Spain and Holland already. There's a hashtag #ClapForOurCarers on social media for it.

At 8pm today people in the UK are being asked to clap from their window, balcony or doorway to show appreciation for the country's medical staff, much like what has been done in Italy, Spain and Holland already. There's a hashtag #ClapForOurCarers on social media for it.
Am I the only one who finds this to be a stupid fucking thing? Like a legitimately stupid fucking thing?

Am I the only one who finds this to be a stupid fucking thing? Like a legitimately stupid fucking thing?

I think it's a nice gesture, but it doesn't do anything. I doubt the people who clap today will be marching in solidarity during the next wage dispute or not whine next time public servants are on strike.

I work with "caregivers" every day, and they do not seem impressed. They'd rather another million N95 masks.

Back