Bruce Dickinson

I would like to see Bruce appearing in Dr. Who series as a special guest. A new character, I think he would do it great. He's charismatic and he looks like the 1st Doctor btw.

Bruce singing ''Wasting Love'' during one of his book tour shows.

One of my favorite songs by Maiden. I never thought I would hear Bruce sing it again. It's a hard song to sing live, especially the high chorus.

This sounds pretty awesome, I think. Reminds me a lot of his early 90s clean voice.

This sounds pretty awesome, I think. Reminds me a lot of his early 90s clean voice.
Yeah well, he is singing one of the best clean voice showcase songs of his 90's Maiden albums. :p
I think it sounds too husky for my taste. Dio's voice also became more "blurred" and husky during his later years.

Yeah well, he is singing one of the best clean voice showcase songs of his 90's Maiden albums. :p
I think it sounds too husky for my taste. Dio's voice also became more "blurred" and husky during his later years.
I totally agree with the "blurriness" in his voice; that came with the cancer and it will never go away. However, in this performance he somehow manages to sound a lot like he did back in the day when this song was released. Just my opinion.

Reactions: Yax
He is singing without warming up after talking for nearly 3 hours. Not that surprising he sounds husky if you ask me.
Yes, that has a lot to do with it - But he is sounding huskier and more strained during the gigs as well compared to the past 10-15 years in my opinion. We are all aging, and age is a relentless foe so it is only natural. Don't get me wrong, Bruce can still pull it off fine, but I find myself longing for say, the AMOLAD days. 1997-2007 is my favorite period when it comes to Bruce's live singing.

The Rammstein singer was photographed with his colleague and gave him one of his Doctor Dick hats. Lindemann runs his own art label with sometimes dubious artifacts under the name. Why Dickinson forbids himself to shut his mouth and looks in the picture as if he had suddenly mutated into Michael "Bully" Herbig remains his secret.

Translated from Google

Yes, that has a lot to do with it - But he is sounding huskier and more strained during the gigs as well compared to the past 10-15 years in my opinion. We are all aging, and age is a relentless foe so it is only natural. Don't get me wrong, Bruce can still pull it off fine, but I find myself longing for say, the AMOLAD days. 1997-2007 is my favorite period when it comes to Bruce's live singing.

I watched a YouTube video that morphs Bruce throughout the years, and it's incredible how much he aged between 2013 and the present day. I'm sure that same process in that time frame took its toll on his voice, and the cancer certainly did his voice no favors. But I agree, he's still going strong (especially for having hit 60), nobody should be calling for him to hang it up like Paul Stanley or DLR, but age is finally catching up with his voice.

Tears of the dragon from two days ago. Bruce's in good shape.

Back