• Celtic Frost - Cold Lake

• Cradle Of Filth - Vampire

• Helloween - Chameleon

• Van Halen - III

• In Flames - Siren Charms

• Ministry - Dark Side Of The Spoon

• Six Feet Under - 666 Numbers Of The Priest

Results are only viewable after voting.
My bad here... There are some typos: it was intended to be Never Say Die (and Anthrax's one was intended to be Volume 8). Once I posted the pole I couldn't change it anymore (don't know why). So for all effects just replace these 2 albums. About Technical Ecstasy I think it's a cool album. Not close to Sabbath's classics but far better then things like Forbbiden, Born Again or Never Say Die.
Never say die...
Don't be sad... It's perfectly fine to love music others dislike ;)

really-dude-n0sz5g.jpg

Now that's talking! Those two songs alone are worth 10 Turbos.

Yep. Very good songs. I think All Fired Up has that classic Priest vibe in it (and Heart Of A Lion too).
If you have a twisted sense of humour... yes they are! :D

Come on! Don't tell me that you don't shout to the chorus of From Here To Eternity.... :p
Fear Is The Key isn't JUST bad... it's horrendous. :turd:

... Oh God! :puke:

Wasting Love is a top-notch song. Sorry. / Feat Is The Key is a kinda unique song for the band, but it's not horrendous by any means.
A "great glam rock album" is a paradox. Such thing simply does not exist. ::)

There are a lot of great glam metal albums..../ Pyromania says hello. Absolute classic!

Come on! Don't tell me that you don't shout to the chorus of From Here To Eternity.... :p
Yes I do... I shout "MAKE IT STOP!" :D (the rest of the song isn´t that awful but the chorus.... yuck!)
Wasting Love is a top-notch song. Sorry. / Feat Is The Key is a kinda unique song for the band, but it's not horrendous by any means.
If the intent is molesting my heardrums wasting love is top notch indeed. Now FITK on the other hand is a wwhole new level... makes me wish I was born deaf :p
There are a lot of great glam metal albums..../ Pyromania says hello. Absolute classic!
As much as I respect Def Leppard (mainly their debut) there are few situations where "Glam Metal" and "great" go along in the same sentence - the most common being: "They don't play Glam metal here... GREAT!" :lol:

If the intent is molesting my heardrums wasting love is top notch indeed.

I can respect anyone who thinks Wasting Love does not sound like Iron Maiden, but the song as it stands is easily Bruce's best vocal performance on either NPFTD or FOTD. You can literally hear him develop the tone of voice he would go on to use for his solo material.

I can respect anyone who thinks Wasting Love does not sound like Iron Maiden, but the song as it stands is easily Bruce's best vocal performance on either NPFTD or FOTD. You can literally hear him develop the tone of voice he would go on to use for his solo material.
IMO it's awful. Strainned and harsh as hell, breaking all the melody. This song is, vocally speaking, everything Omega (masterpiece) isn't.... and many other ecellent calmer Dickinson songs (mentioned Omega since it's my favorite).

Now I must admit the initial lead and solos are quite good. But the rest of the song is simply painful.

Yes I do... I shout "MAKE IT STOP!" :D (the rest of the song isn´t that awful but the chorus.... yuck!)

If the intent is molesting my heardrums wasting love is top notch indeed. Now FITK on the other hand is a wwhole new level... makes me wish I was born deaf :p

As much as I respect Def Leppard (mainly their debut) there are few situations where "Glam Metal" and "great" go along in the same sentence - the most common being: "They don't play Glam metal here... GREAT!" :lol:
This thread should win a medal.
You mean a bullet.

This thread should win a medal.
You mean a bullet.
Nice. I pick the medal... you have the bullet if you want sir. :p

ece38ae6547fa57b12a49afbdccb668f.gif

Last edited:
Back to a more logical dimension.... why I picked these records:

Turbo - Glam rock is known to be a plague and even the metal gods themselves weren't immune to it. Appart from a couple of songs, this record is a sell out make it to the states hit radios 80's piece of garbage. Could be Demolition (strong contender) or to a certain extent Point Of Entry but IMO Turbo is an all time low for the band hands down.

Super Collider - When the best track is barely a plagiarism of Sabbath's Children Of The Grave you know things are going south. I think Dave ran out of ideas on this one. Plus there's also an immense amount of lalalala going around here. Could be TWNAH or Risk but at least those had 3 or 4 really great tracks.

LuLu - If you don't know this album by now take my advice: keep it that way! Those who listened to it know how thankful you should be for this cautinary remark. One may claim it should be ReLoad for the amount of fillers, St. Anger for too much tin bashing/ ugly production and a couple of absurdly bad songs or even the Black Album for tons of pop metal but no... All are works of art compared with this aberration.

Fear Of The Dark* - No need to keep on beating this dead horse. Could be Virtual XI but although being overall meh at least it sounds like Maiden.

Never Say Die* - Not Technical Ecstasy (my bad... once I submited the post I wasn't able to change it anymore) that happens to be a nice album - yet forgettable. Whenever I think of this record I think of utter nulity: it was a sign this band was undergoing serious problems. I know that Forbidden, Born Again or Seventh Star could be here but those were records not featuring either of their iconic frontmen.

Ilud Divinus Insanum* - The long awaited comeback of one of extreme metal's most revered line ups was without shadow of doubt one of the ugliest turds ever to come to light. I don't even know how to describe this properly. It's not the band experimenting on new areas while featuring some industrial rock... it's how ridiculously poor this abortion is crafted. Just to picture how bad it was when I first listened to it I thought it was a fake. Undoubtly one of metal's all time lows.

Endorama - During the 90's Kreator got to experiment a lot outside of their 80's thrash metal. But, either you liked those records or not, they always managed to retain a blueprint of their original selfs no matter what new suit they were wearing That was until Endorama was recorded. Pure Goth Metal garbage. Another band that tried to imitate Paradise Lost.and failled miserably. Only stain on a otherwise respectful career though.

Dedicated To Chaos* - This thing is an utter clusterfuck. Tate's enormous ego trying to make the band go mainstream rock. The result was below poor and the outcome of such failure is well known by now.

Volume 8 - Not Stomp 442 (same situation as Technical Ecstasy). Speaking of wich, after releasing this nothing special but refreshingly uncomprimising record, 'Thrax's next album was something between Groove metal, Country, Nu Metal, some Judas Priest with some sparkles of Kiss and Foo Fighters. Now unless you're named Devin Townsend nothing good could come out of here, could it?

Metal Magic - Yes... Glam metal again. In all fairness the boys were really young back then and they had to start somewhere so this record was a necessary evil. Could be any of their first 3 records... It's hard to believe this is the same band that 5 years later would release Power Metal and a couple years more Cowboys From Hell.

Trangression* - Fear Factory always managed to overcome hard situations and include new sounds to their industrial metal arsenal. Even the disease that is Nu Metal was unnable to compromise seriouly the band's overall quality. After a major line up loss, the boys kicked back with the brutality of Archetype and by 2005 it seemed this band was immune to everything. That was when Transgression happened. Appart from a handful of songs to be generous this just uninspired, boring, half baked, worthy of a b side compilation stuff. Skip it.

The Burning Red - Aaaahhhhh... once again Nu metal and the late 90's. The toxic miasma of this disease outstretched to various branches of heavy sounding bands and Machine Head was no exception. And you know what this thing did to your band back in the 90's dont you: more sales and a nosedive in quality (effects similar to glam in the 80's). This thing sucks big time. Could also be Catharsis from wich I heard a couple of seconds of each song only to be left in severe trauma.

Nation - Another victim of the Nu Metal virus and lineup splis, Sepultura found themselves in a corner at the turn of the millenium. More than being poor at best, Nation reveals a band that has no aim or coherency. While I could pick Roots for being the Nu Metal catalyst of this situation and Morbid Visions for being absolutely cringe when it comes to quality (even when it is compared to the decent debut that is Bestial Devastation) I believe Nation is their all time low because at least Roots was somehow original with all the ethnical traits and Morbid Visions portraited extremely young dudes trying to make their way into Thrash metal. It would be a long way till they recovered their roots again (not the nu metal roots... the other ones).

Soulfly - Not happy with helping to destroy a great band with tons of Nu metal BS, Max Cavalera quited the band to form Soulfly only to spew more of that stuff with the aggravation of being an even crappier and less original version of Roots... Yuck! Could be one of their firts 3 records: it's all the same crap.

Cold Lake - How have the mighty fallen. After building the foundations of a significant part of extreme music and making a stellar hybrid with post punk, Celtic Frost goes... hair metal???? It's like Bolt Thrower going pop punk. An absolute disaster. Fortunately they would never release anything similar to that trash ever again.

Vempire - After a respectable and groundbreaking debut, these british black metallers released an EP that could be described as a compendium of everything that is cringe in genre mixed in a Bram Stoker ambiance described by a 10 year old with learning difficulties. This thing seems like a self parody at first sight but no... it was intended to be evil and scary. And it indeed scares how much it stinks.

Chameleon* - Another case of a metal band trying to go mainstream rock while failling totally. This record is a nullity. Simple background music with no interest of depth whatsoever made by a band at iminent point of imploding.

III* - Extreme frontman Gary Cherone would occupy Hagar's place for the band's last effort during the 90's. And truth be told it was better that it never happened. Not that he underpreforms that much but the compositions themselves are devoid of any interest and are feeble at best, everything you don't expect when you listen to a Van Halen album. The result was disaustrous display of few ideas and lack of energy.

Siren Charms - Once part of the Swedish melo death big 3 and after a softening of their sound at the turn of the millenium while remaining exciting and original, the second decade of this century is a never ending pile of rubish when it comes to In Flames. This works for any record since Sounds Of A Playground Fading but it is hard to believe the lalala metal stuff one finds in Silennt Charms is made by the same guys that wrote albums such as Whoracle or Soundtrack To Your Escape.

Drak Side Of The Spoon - After an half baked Filthpig, the first song out of 1999's new album by Industrial metal veterans Ministry is a blast! The second one is quite ok but by now we're induced to think that the band that brought us Psalm 69 is back. Big Mistake. What follows is a parade of complete mediocrity and some of the most uninspired stuff ever composed in the genre. What a drag...

666 The Numbers Of The Priest - Ok... we all know that Six Feet Under's releases after Maximum Violence are mediocre at best but damn! This thing is blasphemous! One cannot witness the desecration of classics of metal mamoths like Maiden and Priest at the hands ofthis guy without being possessed by an intense sense of anger and shock. Things this bad should be prohibited by law!

* to illustrate how "inspired" these bands were while recording these records, at least a major lineup exit would happen normally due to musical differences as a consequence their releases. And the majority of the remainder's next record would be significantly different and normally a return to their more traditional sound.

Last edited:
All korn's albums should be the only albums in this poll.
Eheheheheh I also dislike Korn (and to an extent every Nu metal band).
But I have to give props where they're due. Those guys invented an entire genre and that alone is something. What I find outrageous was how many bands jumped in the Nu Metal bandwaggon (Sepultura, Machine Head, Fear Factory...). Despite desliking Glam I would never blame Kiss or Motley Crue for all the Poisons and Wingers of the world :p .

Back