Iron Maiden News, Links, and Interviews

I don't suppose anyone knows if there's a version of this photo without the text and other two pictures on top? Because it's fucking awesome.

The photo ( not exactly the same photo as the Kerrang one, but obviously one from the same roll of photos. You can see it might have been taken seconds before or after the picture that was published in Kerrang at the time ) was used as a official tour poster back in 1982, although without the two pictures on top unfortunately...

1200_1483377631504_001.jpg

@The_7th_one

I know it means you have to upload it all again, but perhaps it's an idea to make a "1982 magazine scans/clippings/interviews" or whatever thread in the "The Number of the Beast" thread in the Song and Album Commentaries subforum. It's very useful information about that time period for people visiting that particular album subforum to learn from - The scans will be too easily buried in this thread and hard to dig out again in the future.
It's a good idea, It's no problem for me to place again the clippings…but I think that only the admins of the forum can create a subforum.

It's a good idea, It's no problem for me to place again the clippings…but I think that only the admins of the forum can create a subforum.

It already exists. It's the album thread in the song and album commentaries

Here: https://forum.maidenfans.com/forums/the-number-of-the-beast.46/

Just make a new thread in that forum which deals ONLY with Number of the Beast related questions or informations. So your scans will fit in nicely here for those wanting more information on how the media actually reported on Maiden in 1982.

It already exists. It's the album thread in the song and album commentaries

Here: https://forum.maidenfans.com/forums/the-number-of-the-beast.46/

Just make a new thread in that forum which deals ONLY with Number of the Beast related questions or informations. So your scans will fit in nicely here for those wanting more information on how the media actually reported on Maiden in 1982.
done, thanks a lot for the good idea, tomorrow i'll upload the rest as the 1981 and 1983 as well :ok:

I deleted all the clippings of Kerrang I uploaded here. As @SixesAlltheway said It's better to have all together in the albums threads so all of you interested they are in the Song and Albums commentaries section of this forum.
Killers, The Number of the Beast and Piece of Mind albums threads.

Last edited:
Hopefully, the postage on amazon isn't too expensive and they ship to Ireland.

Postage on the Robinson's site is too expensive for it to be worth my while buying it from them ( I understand why though). And off licences near me haven't stocked it in a long time, and even when they did stock it it was usually overpriced, i.e. 4 euros per bottle. I'd love to pick up one of those 5 litre kegs.

Bruce interview at backstage in Chile

horrible sound btw (the Bruce mic must be off)

…And Bruce telling about the 2020 tour in New Zealand and Australia

The photo ( not exactly the same photo as the Kerrang one, but obviously one from the same roll of photos. You can see it might have been taken seconds before or after the picture that was published in Kerrang at the time ) was used as a official tour poster back in 1982, although without the two pictures on top unfortunately...

1200_1483377631504_001.jpg
This was my first of many Maiden posters back in 1982. Long thrown away now though!

shutting up the mouths of Bruce, wife and girlfriend. I think it has been negative for all parts.

It seems unlikely that it is going to stop now, as The Daily Mail has now published paparazzi pictures of Bruce with his girlfriend.

Sad to see, especially considering that in the past the different band members had always been able to stay away from the spotlight of the tabloids.

It seems unlikely that it is going to stop now, as The Daily Mail has now published paparazzi pictures of Bruce with his girlfriend.

Sad to see, especially considering that in the past the different band members had always been able to stay away from the spotlight of the tabloids.

I saw that article, they said "Bruce is trying to speak French", obviously a well researched article.

The Finnish afternoon rags (at least one of them at least) also posted an article about Bruce's exploits pretty soon after the news broke, although since it was on a Sunday and online only I think most people didn't really notice. For me the bigger revelation in their article was an excerpt from an article earlier this year stating that Bruce apparently enjoys saunas and Finnish beer which certainly feels like more than enough to negate any less than positive press to me!

Back