Iron Maiden studio album 17 rumours and speculations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly I don’t see why Maiden’s album cycle would change significantly. Bruce is being a hype man as usual. One possibility is for them to release it in early summer rather than late summer.

There is however chance for announcement soon after tour. Given the new Bruce Talk dates it would make sense to announce album so it will boost also talk tour and vice versa. And as someone pointed - this tour is a great success so they may want to capitalize on that before people will move on.

We know nothing
04f.gif

News really cant be that far off, in LA Bruce "said see you again sooner than you think and can't say more than that "
Everyday the news gets closer, but please be realistic. The tour finishes in October. Just be patient until at least the end of the tour.

04f.gif

Everyday the news gets closer, but please be realistic. The tour finishes in October. Just be patient until at least the end of the tour.
Yeah that's true but he wouldn't say sooner than you think for a show in 2021 makes me believe there is going to be a brief us run next year and it won't be for the legacy of the beast

Yeah that's true but he wouldn't say sooner than you think for a show in 2021 makes me believe there is going to be a brief us run next year and it won't be for the legacy of the beast
Yeah, but Bruce on stage isn't exactly a source of truth.

That would surprise me given how big this years US tour is.

To be fair, he's either trolling exceptionally hard, more so than usual, or he really is dropping strong hints. My money is on something new in the next year.

"Sooner than you might think" could mean anything from six months to three years. There are also a whole range of options that are being thought of by fans - just look at this thread! When Bruce says something like that many people will inevitably feel that Bruce is speaking directly to them and draw their own conclusions based on what they want. Please bear in mind that Bruce has said things like "see you next year" or "see you next time" on stage in recent years - @Perun did he not say something like this in Berlin last year? - which some fans will assume means they'll shortly be returning to that specific city, state or country when in reality he's just loosely acknowledging that many Iron Maiden fans are crazy and will travel to will travel to whichever part of the world the band are touring next.

If there are indeed more US shows next year (I'm sceptical) then it won't be part of Legacy of the Beast but in support of a new album and I'd imagine they'd be taking Ed Force One around the world in a tour similar to Book of Souls 2016.

To be fair, he's either trolling exceptionally hard, more so than usual, or he really is dropping strong hints. My money is on something new in the next year.
I don't think there is any reason to doubt a new album is coming. The only question is when. Bruce's comments about "sooner than we expect" are interesting, but probably not something we should take too seriously. The album was 99% likely finished in late May, so we should actually expect it this year looking at previous albums timelines from recording to release, but given it was recorded while they were busy with LOTB things are different. He might give a bigger hint, or maybe even a confirmation before the tour is over. In any case we should know at least what they are touring next year before the year is done, European tours are normally announced in November-ish.

I don't think there is any reason to doubt a new album is coming. The only question is when. Bruce's comments about "sooner than we expect" are interesting, but probably not something we should take too seriously. The album was 99% likely finished in late May, so we should actually expect it this year looking at previous albums timelines from recording to release, but given it was recorded while they were busy with LOTB things are different. He might give a bigger hint, or maybe even a confirmation before the tour is over. In any case we should know at least what they are touring next year before the year is done, European tours are normally announced in November-ish.

Busy in what sense? They were on a break before the start of the 2019 leg of the tour!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back