LEGACY OF THE BEAST 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
My friends and I are in our seats, ready for their first Maiden show and my second from this tour. The only thing in our way is the raven age.

It also looks like they curtained off the nosebleeds, so I guess they closed all those off and moved people.
So how big was the crowd for Maiden? I imagine it was a small crowd.

They're only there to frame maiden as amazing band. In comparison with them, sadly, almost everyone sound good. Nothing against them personally but musically - It was for me big nothing. Just time waster, generic and bland.

So how big was the crowd for Maiden? I imagine it was a small crowd.
It was a decent size. Around 12,000 according to Bruce. Like I said, they did have to curtain off the upper levels.

It was a fantastic show. Bruce was on point, as was the rest of the band. Once again, we were teased with references to new music.

Compared to the Atlanta show last month:
The crowd wasn’t quite as good, but that wasn’t too much of a deal breaker.
Janick took the Revelations solo tonight, so it was cool to see his take as compared to Adrian’s at Atlanta.
They didn’t mess up the intro to FOTD this time.
I think someone proposed to someone in the pit? They had a sign trying to get Bruce to help, but he didn’t want to be a part of it.

Overall, a fun show for my friends and me.

Just got back home from the 5 hour drive to Nashville. Amazing concert. Even though I was spoiled just about everything about the set back in 2018, I was still so excited to be seeing everything myself and it felt fresh.

I managed to get right behind the people who were FTTB, so I was technically second-to-the-barrier, a bit closer to the left hand side of the stage rather than the middle (which is fine by me, since I love watching Dave and Adrian the most and they were in front of me most of the time).

Raven Age, like in 2016, was a snoozefest for me personally. They played for about 50 minutes (from 7:30-8:20) and I honestly just could not wait for it to be over.

Maiden took the stage at 8:55-9:00. At first, I actually thought this was like the first time they wouldn't actually play Doctor Doctor, since the screens started an advertisement for the mobile game with the song "Transylvania" playing in the background. I turned to my friend and said, "Wow, no Doctor Doctor?" but then immediately after the game advertisement, Doctor Doctor started playing. But definitely threw me for a loop there.

The band was on point the entire night. Bruce was especially amazing. Said there were 12,000 people in attendance. I spoke to one of the security before the concert and he said they closed off the upper bowl seats and upgraded anyone who had one to a lower bowl seating. So that would explain why all those tickets magically disappeared seemingly overnight on ticketmaster back on Friday. The place looked packed by the time Maiden went on, didn't look like there was an empty seat anywhere in the lower bowl.

Highlights were definitely Clansman, Sign of the Cross, Flight of Icarus, and surprisingly The Wicker Man. Crowd participation did seem very low, compared to past gigs I've been to. There was one particular cool moment during the ending part of the Wicker Man (the "Wooh-oh-oh" part) where hardly anyone was doing it, even though Bruce and Steve were both egging the crowd on. Well, I was doing it, and was one of I believe very few people in my immediate area that was doing it. Steve locked eyes with me, and he pointed at me and said something before giving his hands a clap. It was like a Mad Max moment, where I turned to my friend and exclaimed "He looked at me!"

Wasn't able to catch anything thrown out. I was damned close to one of Adrian's arm bands (missed it with my fingers by maybe a few inches, the guy immediately behind me is the one who caught it). Boo.

One down, two to go (Chicago and Indy). Now, lots of sleep....

Donner, agreed on section 101 as well. everyone was on their feet the whole night. my buddy's voice is still not right! there was a dude in sect 101 row S seat 1 that was the most active!

As stupid as saying there were 30k for the Brooklyn shows but the box office scores showed 24k?

True! :D

Anyway, it seems the tour is a massive success. A slow seller like Brooklyn ended up having more people attending than 2 years ago!

Barclays CenterBrooklyn23,438 / 23,438 (100%)

Barclays CenterBrooklyn24,151 / 24,151 (100%)

The tour made it into the Hot Tours list last week:

7 Iron Maiden
$8,495,659
July 18 – Aug. 3
BB&T Center, Sunrise, Fla. (1/1)
Cellaris Amphitheater at Lakewood, Atlanta, Ga. (0/1)
PNC Music Pavilion, Charlotte, N.C. (0/1)
Jiffy Lube Live, Bristow, Va. (0/1)
Barclays Center, Brooklyn (2/2)
Wells Fargo Center, Philadelphia, Pa. (1/1)
XFINITY Center, Mansfield, Mass. (0/1)
XFINITY Theatre, Hartford, Conn. (0/1)
112,650 (116,554)

That's excellent, the drama over tickets sales on here seems to have been total nonsense. If my maths is right those 9 shows were 97% sold out.

It's easy to forget they were playing to hundreds in nite-clubs in the 90's and that was if the shows even went ahead.

That's excellent, the drama over tickets sales on here seems to have been total nonsense. If my maths is right those 9 shows were 97% sold out.

It's easy to forget they were playing to hundreds in nite-clubs in the 90's and that was if the shows even went ahead.
It's interesting to follow ticket sales. This tour will end up being a massive success, but some dates went very slowly.

When it comes to the results, they are easily manipulated. Look at Brooklyn. Around 14k the first night, 10k the second, yet both were sold out.

When it comes to the results, they are easily manipulated. Look at Brooklyn. Around 14k the first night, 10k the second, yet both were sold out.

Yet the number of tickets sold exceeds those for the 2017 sold-out shows.

At the end of the day, regardless of how things are presented in terms of sold-out shows, the results are impressive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back