Iron Maiden studio album 17 rumours and speculations

Status
Not open for further replies.
They could put a unique code on each bottle with the download of the new single.

Or do a socia medial challenge, those are popular with kids these days. "Can you down the bottle of new trooper before the singing starts?"

I expect the new album will be released on Friday November 1, in the midst of Day of the Dead. I also anticipate very little "lead time" before the announcement. I know all the leaks of Book of Souls must have annoyed the band/management. This timing can build off the momentum of the tour (which ends in mid-October) whilst arriving in time for the Christmas buying season (something Perun alluded to a page or two back).

Alternately, the album is NOT called Day of the Dead and it is only a song title and said song will be released in late October. I like this idea much less.

I expect the new album will be released on Friday November 1, in the midst of Day of the Dead. I also anticipate very little "lead time" before the announcement. I know all the leaks of Book of Souls must have annoyed the band/management. This timing can build off the momentum of the tour (which ends in mid-October) whilst arriving in time for the Christmas buying season (something Perun alluded to a page or two back).

Alternately, the album is NOT called Day of the Dead and it is only a song title and said song will be released in late October. I like this idea much less.
Or the beer isn't related to the new album at all, it's just a limited edition Trooper with a different label and the album will be announced later.

Or the beer isn't related to the new album at all, it's just a limited edition Trooper with a different label and the album will be announced later.

This is a speculation and rumor thread, not a shed the harsh light of reality on the subject thread.

I always thought the end of the year was a no-no for new releases. I honestly can't think of many big ones that come out after November for the most part. Although that is obviously not at all scientific in any way, I could be mistaken.

I can't see Maiden just plopping an album out. They'll release info and teasers and allow for the normal 1-2 months lead up for the release. Which is why I'd guess an early Spring 2020 release date.

I’d rather have a big Maiden album than an album and an EP a couple years after. A steady stream of music would be nice but not exactly necessary for me. Just give me all the new Maiden you’ve got.

Watching a video from August 3rd's show. Bruce states: "there are no new songs in the set because there is no new album out right now". And that they will be back with new songs

I've heard a rumour that Day of the Dead will be the first single and they'll do a co-headline tour with Judas Priest late next year, after Priest is done with their festival run.

They're going to play No Prayer for the Dying, for it was already planned for Maiden England tour to replace ATSS, so they'll finally get to play it.

I mean, I wouldn't be surprised! Actually, with a new song title "Day of the Dead" and the return of NPFTD, it does seem that the new album & tour will thematically deal with death! Maybe we'll see Dance of Death and return of the grim reaper or grave digger Eddie?

Seriously though, I've lost count how many times over the years the stupid "Maiden will do a co-headline tour with Other Legendary Heavy Metal Band X" rumour has surfaced. Given the often poor believability of Maiden-related rumours, Day of the Dead single & beer release does actually seem almost likely.

Actually, the rumor I heard was the new single will be called "Dead Men Tell No Tales" and the album will have a pirate theme....
I hope Running wild support them this time and…
I'm afraid they use the guru eddie as the big eddie head

The rumoured chorus of the rumoured single could be:
Dead men, tell no tales
In Gangland, murders up for sale
Dead men, tell no tales
In Gangland, where jail birds die

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back