Dream Theater

On one hand, a S to me is equivalent to 10/10. Very few bands have four 10/10 albums from me. On the other hand, the gulf between their best and worst albums is pretty large. I consider DT my second favorite rock band after Maiden, but they have a ton of average albums. That being said, most of those albums have at least a few tracks I absolutely love and are often satisfactory listens.

I'd put DT in a similar category to my recent experiences with Judas Priest: some absolutely stellar, amazing songs, but only a few great (or perfect) albums. I'd say DT hits higher marks for me (I&W is a 10/10 and TOT/Scenes aren't far behind whereas Priest's best albums still have some mediocre tracks).

I have a Petrucci pick, but it was given to me by a friend of mine who worked crew after their show. It's not the same as the type of picks Petrucci actually plays with, so I have to imagine they're only there to be thrown/given to fans.

Too expensive? I mean, they're playing, for reasons unknown to man, Kitchener, Ontario, which is like...tiny.

Back