Iron Maiden studio album 17 rumours and speculations

Status
Not open for further replies.
TRATB feels like 8 minutes for me. Easily on my top 10 of Maiden songs. EOTC is fine, but I haven't listened it too many times because of its length, but that's just because I take 12-15 minutes from my house to university on the car and there is not enough time to listen to the song, so I just don't start it at all. I'm pretty sure Bruce will consider my situation this time and will reduce the length of his next epic.

Let's move on from the epic discussion. If you'd like to continue it, find or open the appropriate thread.

I am sure it will be musically top-notch, but my fear is about the production this album, just like the previous ones.

I am sad to see that many of the great songs of Maiden could not be popular among us, just because they were badly produced or mastered. For example, I recall Mother of Mercy, which nobody remembered even in the "heavy maiden songs" thread. Same for the very poor soundind DoD album as a whole.

Many people do not realize it at first glance, but the sound quality matters so much, albeit not always explicitly, in our evaluations.

I think the BoS was quite good in terms of sound quality, but it does not ensure that the following album will be as good. It is hard to know what is in the mind of Kevin Shirley. Let us see.

Last edited:
I think the BoS was quite good in terms of sound quality, but it does not ensure that the following album will be as good. It is hard to know what is in the mind of Steve Harris. Let us see.
FTFY.

I expect the next album to sound similar to TBOS.

I think it’s the best you can hope for from Maiden at this point. It seems like the only one who would strongly prefer a polished production is Adrian and he clearly has no say. Anyone expecting Maiden to go back to Birch style production is setting themselves up for disappointment.

Kevin Shirley's has finnished in Paris. After this weekend in Barcelona for the F1 Grand Prix, he will go to London to see Steve and the guy for Table of Tone Mastering LTD that he is going to master the new album. (Difficult task, do your job under the guidelines of two bosses. At last Steve will say: Nah I prefer the studio takes that you gave me in mp3. LOL)

Kevin Shirley's has finnished in Paris. After this weekend in Barcelona for the F1 Grand Prix, he will go to London to see Steve and the guy for Table of Tone Mastering LTD that he is going to master the new album.

Out of curiosity, how do you know Kevin is going to London for that particular reason?

(Difficult task, do your job under the guidelines of two bosses. At last Steve will say: Nah I prefer the studio takes that you gave me in mp3. LOL)

That happened 16 years ago. One would hope Steve would have learnt by now.

I thought he's working until mid june
He said: …Working out and healthy living but still 6 weeks ‘til I’m reunited with my family. I really miss them.
If we're speculating with the new album I think those 5 weeks will be for master the new album and finish his work.
About Steve, well…I just hope he doesn't put his hands on the production.

I thought he's working until mid june
He said: …Working out and healthy living but still 6 weeks ‘til I’m reunited with my family. I really miss them.
If we're speculating with the new album I think those 5 weeks will be for master the new album and finish his work.
About Steve, well…I just hope he doesn't put his hands on the production.

Sorry about the confusion, but as you said the following I thought you knew something we didn't!

he will go to London to see Steve and the guy for Table of Tone Mastering LTD that he is going to master the new album.

I am sure it will be musically top-notch, but my fear is about the production this album, just like the previous ones.

I am sad to see that many of the great songs of Maiden could not be popular among us, just because they were badly produced or mastered. For example, I recall Mother of Mercy, which nobody remembered even in the "heavy maiden songs" thread. Same for the very poor soundind DoD album as a whole.

Many people do not realize it at first glance, but the sound quality matters so much, albeit not always explicitly, in our evaluations.

I think the BoS was quite good in terms of sound quality, but it does not ensure that the following album will be as good. It is hard to know what is in the mind of Kevin Shirley. Let us see.

This is what I'm dreading as well. Personally I'm worn out when it comes to the sound of Maiden in the last 15 years or so. They need a new sound when it comes to their studio output, but I know it won't happen, they've become too complacent in that regard.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back