Judas Priest

interesting... no Painkiller, no Turbo Lover, and no You’ve Got Another Thing Coming.

I was kind of hoping to hear Freewheel Burning too..

But we get Necromancer, Traitors Gate, The Sentinel and Victim of Changes.

1. Necromancer
2. The Sentinel
3. Heading Out to the Highway
4. Spectre
5. Take These Chains
6. Judas Rising
7. Out in the Cold
8. Traitors Gate
9. Starbreaker
10. Rapid Fire or Steeler (conflicting reports)
11. Halls of Valhalla
12. Killing Machine
13. No Surrender
14. Hell Bent For Leather
15. All Guns Blazing
16. Victim of Changes
—- Encore (With Glenn Tipton)
17. Breaking the Law
18. Living After Midnight

Last edited:
interesting... no Painkiller, no Turbo Lover, and no You’ve Got Another Thing Coming.

1. Necromancer
2. The Sentinel
4. Spectre
5. Take These Chains
6. Judas Rising
7. Out in the Cold
8. Traitors Gate
9. Starbreaker
10. Rapid Fire
11. Halls of Valhalla
12. Killing Machine
13. No Surrender
15. All Guns Blazing
16. Victim of Changes
17. Breaking the Law

Seems like a really nice setlist, still wish the first and third songs you mentioned were in it. The third being my favourite priest song currently

Judas Rising confirmed?
Kalata will be pleased. Enjoy the amateur shot 480p youtube videos!

Are you a masochist or what? I will enjoy everything, but you have to learn to enjoy the live.

Tbh, I was hoping for other song from this album - Hellrider.

1. Necromancer
2. The Sentinel
4. Spectre
5. Take These Chains
6. Judas Rising
7. Out in the Cold
8. Traitors Gate
9. Starbreaker
10. Rapid Fire
11. Halls of Valhalla
12. Killing Machine
13. No Surrender
15. All Guns Blazing
16. Victim of Changes
17. Breaking the Law

Priest really kept their promise - setlist full of surprises and some rarities. I think 12 (out of 18) songs are all surprises. They really know how to shake up the setlist.
I do not see any changes to the stage set/design though.

They indeed opened the show with Necromancer - great!
Traitors Gate is my favorite song from the new album, I'm glad that they finally played it.
The Sentinel and Out In The Cold are awesome additions. Judas Rising too.
I expected Never The Heroes rather than Specter, but the latter is also a very good song.
(Take These) Chains was played for the very first time, I think.
Steeler was an unexpected surprise. Starbreaker is a odd choice.
Heading Out To The Highway is a classic.
But the real big surprises for me are All Guns Blazing and especially Halls Of Valhalla - Battle Cry would have been great too.

I do not expected Victim Of Changes, because it was played only 2 times so far during this tour.
They should have removed Killing Machine. No Surrender stayed - yes!
And the 3 immortal classics - HBFL, BTL, LAM to close the show - perfect.

The first 11 songs are all surprises - imagine the crowd reaction.... surprise after surprise for 11 songs in a row. Admirations!

- no Painkiller, Turbo Lover, YGATC', Metal Gods, Electric Eye, Firepower, Lightning Strike, Rising From Ruins, The Ripper, Sinner... !

I wonder if they will change this setlist for the rest of the tour.

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/judas-priest/2019/hard-rock-event-center-hollywood-fl-73909e71.html

What a setlist. Treating the fans rarities, not only serving a generic n00b audience and/or hiding in production and other lousy excuses.

This the fuck is how it's done. This is how a band with a rich catalogue puts real effort into a tour. This is how a band shows love for their own(!) back catalogue.

Last edited:
Awesome setlist! They left out Rapid Fire which Rob said would be on the setlist and they should have kept Sinner to make it a 20 song setlist instead of 18.

What I also like a lot:

In his biography K.K. slams a few songs the band had co-written with an outsider. One of them:
(Take These) Chains.
Wrong choices according to him.
What happens?
Priest plays that song!
I happen to love it. Together with Fever it brings the needed balance on SFV. Beautiful melody and suspenseful atmosphere.

Check out this (good sound recording):

And this one @mckindog (don't be misleaded by the wrong title in the vid; just listen!)
\m/

Are you a masochist or what? I will enjoy everything, but you have to learn to enjoy the live.
I consider myself a realist. But sure Kal. Trust me I have already learned to “enjoy the live”. Just don’t get too excited.

Damn, I had decided I wasn’t going to see this tour; I pretty much figured last year’s would be my last Priest show.
That setlist might change my mind.

I'm watching a YT upload of the full concert and the band sound really, really good. Halford's a bit low in the mix but he's doing a great job of hitting the high notes, which is impressive.

I agree, I love that they added some deep cuts to the set. I don't like a few of the choices, but I'm still excited for the show.

(out) in the cold.
Colder than the place, colder than the stage floor, colder than the crowd standing there recording the whole concert with their mobile phones.
I know what to do when I go to a concert. Turn off the damn phone. I want to watch the show Live, not trough my phone. It's really annoying try to watch something and you just watch screens everywhere.
I watched the 2 min. video of Uriah Heep and the sound is awesome. I think better than Priest. They would must forget Ozzy and tour with Heep next year

Last edited:
Back