Judas Priest

Whilst their willingness to shake-up the setlist has to be commended, the current setlist leaves me absolutely indifferent (not that I would ever get a chance to see them though, but that is the price to pay for them being Ozzy's support act). They have dropped some of my favourite tracks and replaced them with others that leave me (out) in the cold.
Generic Priest concert tracks you can hear at every other tour?

Whilst their willingness to shake-up the setlist has to be commended, the current setlist leaves me absolutely indifferent (not that I would ever get a chance to see them though, but that is the price to pay for them being Ozzy's support act). They have dropped some of my favourite tracks and replaced them with others that leave me (out) in the cold.

Well that was a very brave move (and unexpected one) to remove almost all of the classics but 4, and completely change the setlist. They deserves huge admirations for that. Yeah, if you see Priest for the first time probably the setlist will disappoint you, but from the comments I read so far, everybody loves the current setlist and some fans even says it's the best one that the band ever come up with. Like I said before, every song from the first 11 songs is a real surprise. I do not know any other band to do that - change the whole setlist (removing a lot of classics) and plays rarities - but perhaps that is because this is their 3rd leg in NA (two in 2018) and they do not want the fans to see the exactly same show. For sure Maiden have to take notes :p With this setlist I wish I could go to one of their shows, but not this time, sadly.

My only complaint is the omission of Painkiller, but that's understandable because it's a very demanding set for Rob.

My only complaint is the omission of Painkiller, but that's understandable because it's a very demanding set for Rob.

For me it is omnission of you've got another thing commin but, if one of these two tracks made it back i'd be completely fine. 5 classics plus a ton of rarities is really nothing to be unhappy with

Nine songs I have never seen live before is pretty amazing at this stage of their careers.

Back