Megadeth

I'm not a huge fan of Peace Sells but it does have some really cool songs, The Title track, Devils Island and My Last Words being my favorites.

I'll look for the original if it's that much better.
Some prefer the drier cut because it sounds more in line with the sound of Rust In Peace. Personally, I prefer the original cut with the soupy reverb because I think it fits the tone of the record better, and you can’t hear those terrible synth horns at the beginning of “Into The Lungs Of Hell”.

The album sounds pretty different depending on which one you listen to.

I'd say you've heard the best stuff on Countdown already, personally. Ashes is good though.

As for album rankings, I'd go Rust > Peace > Countdown, with a clear drop-off in quality after these three.

Also, I discovered I own the remaster of KIMB last week, I have no recollection of buying this LOL

What is the story with the bleeping in these boots were made for walking? There's cursing in other tracks on the album with no bleeps?

What is the story with the bleeping in these boots were made for walking? There's cursing in other tracks on the album with no bleeps?
It was a legal dispute over the parts where he altered the lyrics. To get around it, he bleeped every part where the lyrics deviated from the original.

I think only the original release is unbleeped.

Original artist was pissed off about Deth's version or something and they had to change it. It's on wikipedia.

Wait, did you hear Peace Sells in its original mix or the remaster @Diesel 11?

Because the original is miles better. My previous comment applies to that one as well. All Megadeth remasters are abominations.

It was a legal dispute over the parts where he altered the lyrics. To get around it, he bleeped every part where the lyrics deviated from the original.

I think only the original release is unbleeped.

It's not on the original mix CD that I have had for years, was it on the original vinyl?

Because the original is miles better. My previous comment applies to that one as well. All Megadeth remasters are abominations.

Yes despite me saying to listen to the remaster of SFSGSW, the original mix is what you must listen to for all other albums.

I'm not sure, the uploader didn't say. It sounded good enough from my perspective so I'm not sweating too much over it.

I like the Peace Sells remaster a lot more than the original. The original sounds too thin.

Back