Megadeth

I aim to get CDs for under £3 (inc. postage; which is usually quoted at about £1.25 minimum). When you consider the alternative (for purchase, not streaming) for a DL is going to be £5.99(uncommon)/£6.99(sometimes)/£7.99(normal) --I still think CDs are worth acquiring. Only for music you really want to invest in, obviously. For any other junk I just listen on YouTube. Just got Master of Puppets for £2.77 too, but Ride the Lightning is proving more difficult to acquire for that kind of price; the search continues...
I would like to keep buying CDs but I currently don't have the space for them and nor do I own a CD player at the moment. :(
Listen to ‘Use the Man’. Great song!
Nah.

I would like to keep buying CDs but I currently don't have the space for them and nor do I own a CD player at the moment. :(
I bin all jewel cases & file the CD, booklet, & back sleeve bit in a CD flightcase-style box. It takes 500 CDs or something, so I haven't filled it up yet. I rip all to laptop & don't have a separate CD player either. Although, sometimes ones I've just picked up I have in the car, which does have a CD player.

Post-Youthanasia, I would recommend The System Has Failed (Chris Poland!), Endgame (the only time Mustaine really let Broderick shine), and Dystopia (a little forced, and the lyrics are too Alex Jones for my taste, but still quite good musically).

I would recommend avoiding Risk, The World Needs A Hero, and Super Collider. All of those except for TWNAH have at least a couple of worthwhile tracks, but a lot of bad stuff too. TWNAH, in my opinion, is Megadeth’s worst album because it’s like they’re a cover band trying to sound like Megadeth and failing. And “Return To Hangar” is pretty much unforgivable (even moreso than “The Unforgiven II”).

The others (Cryptic Writings, United Abominations, Th1rt3en) are generally mediocre with some good tracks.

Dave's political lyrics are great on United Abominations, Endgame and Dystopia. Some of them are pretty genius.

United Abominations is a complaint screed by a man who literally doesn't understand the purpose of the UN.
Endgame is literally a combination of Obama-era Alex Jones conspiracy theories that were, and remain, completely false.
Dystopia is a little better because it's actually complaining about the rise of a tyranny without tying to a purpose.

"Return To Hangar" is one of the few sequel songs I've heard that works, although I'm not a big fan of the outro soloing. The rest of the song is fucking great.
8KaDMK2.gif

I like 'Return to Hangar' too. Definitely one of my least favorites on TWNAH.

I tried to like Dystopia but I lean so far to the left that I fall over. The lyrics for the album put me off so I sold it. Not a big Megadeth fan anyway. Might be blasphemy but I never understood the love for Peace Sells and Rust In Peace either.

I will take a million "Return To Hangars" over one more "Unforgiven".
I would gladly take “The Unforgiven IV”, because they would have to work in the line “That’s what you’re unforgiven for”, which would make me laugh.

Back