Megadeth

@Black Wizard You probably wouldn't call "2 Minutes to Midnight" the fan favorite song from Powerslave just because it's a popular single. The real "fan favorite" is Rime. Just an example.

The original is brighter. I don't see what imporovment the remaster offers tbh.

Damn, that riff at 01:00. Damn. Got to be up there as one of the riffs of the whole damn 80's.

Sorry, I meant the hardcore fans' favorite. Not the radio hit obviously.
You're the only person I've seen praising 'Ashes in Your Mouth' so highly. I've been listening to Megadeth for a long time and been to many concerts. 'Ashes in Your Mouth' is a song rarely discussed as a highlight on 'Countdown to Extinction'.

You're the only person I've seen praising 'Ashes in Your Mouth' so highly. I've been listening to Megadeth for a long time and been to many concerts. 'Ashes in Your Mouth' is a song rarely discussed as a highlight on 'Countdown to Extinction'.

Ashes in Your Mouth is top ten Megadeth for me. It’s incredibly tight and the riffs are insane. When they played that during the Pitrelli era I nearly shat myself.

Wow, yesterday you claimed that everyone hates 'Dread and the Fugitive Mind and now you're saying that 'Ashes' isn't a popular song...

To be fair, I've always been under the impression that Ashes in Your Mouth was highly rated, an equivalent of say Children of the Damned or Die With your Boots On.

It's certainly had something done to it. Effects removed/changed perhaps?

I think maybe the second half after 0:43 might be from the original version, but the first part of it is definitely iffy, maybe a different take from back in the day or something. He's stone mad to have changed it as the original is brilliant.

With 'Countdown to Extinction', I think the first half of the album is great then the second half is quite forgettable. 'High Speed Dirt' and 'Psycotron' are not particularly bad but hint at what's to come with 90s Megadave. The half good, half bad thing is quite representative of Megadeth post 'Rust in Peace'. That's what happens when you release albums with such efficiency.

I hate being called crazy just because people don't do their research. When I point something out as a fact, I'm not talking shit.

I thought I thought CDtE was epically good. It's got some cracking songs but it's not quite as good as I remember. Peace Sells on the otherhand...

Back