Nicko McBrain

GREAT footage of these icons, so nice to see them meeting each other, working with each other.

Tony Iommi (Black Sabbath), Ian Gillan, Jon Lord (Deep Purple) & Nicko McBrain in studio

Last edited:
GREAT footage of these icons, so nice to see them meeting each other, working with each other.

Tony Iommi (Black Sabbath), Ian Gillan, Jon Lord (Deep Purple) & Nicko McBrain in studio

I have the 7 inch from that, I enjoyed it, the b-side holy water is good too.

'24 carat gold plated hardware.' Is there any call for that?!
It’s what’s on Nicko’s actual kit, and Sonor offers it as an option on all SQ2 kits. Nicko mentioned he chose it because it fit the theme of the stage set- his kit was the crowning archeological jewel on the sacrificial altar (just like Indiana Jones!)

Another Nicko's record unearthed from the time when he worked for Young Blood records as a session musician...

MAC & KATIE KISSOON - Love Will Keep Us Together (b/w I'm Up in Heaven), 1973.

The single was recorded a few years before CAPTAIN & TENILLE's famous version, but it didn't chart in the U.K.

Another Nicko's record unearthed from the time when he worked for Young Blood records as a session musician...

MAC & KATIE KISSOON - Love Will Keep Us Together (b/w I'm Up in Heaven), 1973.

The single was recorded a few years before CAPTAIN & TENILLE's famous version, but it didn't chart in the U.K.

Great find! Love how assertive his grove is on this one, and those big triplet tom fills!

Hmm. Mac & Katie sounds a bit too familiarly as McKitty. Same band, different name?

I don't think so, I don't really know anything about McKitty but I saw something about them fairly recently that gave me the impression they were rock/metal. Can't remember what it was, I've a feeling it was a photo or a festival line up poster??? It was possibly on here.

Back