Metallica

The album is a disappointment, there are some good songs, there are bad songs, there are mostly meh songs.
You sure you aren't describing Death Magnetic?

Definitely after listening to Death Magnetic the content is just not there.
Pretty much anything outside of St. Anger would be more exciting after DM.

but it will still be better than the Load & Reload albums.
Better than Reload obviously, but it's only better than Load because of consistency. Both of those albums are great.

Also...
While I'm here I'm going to say this. Why does everyone like 'Halo On Fire'? It's a total snoozefest live and there is nothing exciting about it. Someone please explain.
I dunno about live, but the studio version starts off solid and then builds into awesomeness. Way better than "The Day That Never Comes" (although the ideas were a little stronger on that song, just not executed well).

You sure you aren't describing Death Magnetic?

Pretty much anything outside of St. Anger would be more exciting after DM.

Better than Reload obviously, but it's only better than Load because of consistency. Both of those albums are great.
Disagree.

Also...

I dunno about live, but the studio version starts off solid and then builds into awesomeness. Way better than "The Day That Never Comes" (although the ideas were a little stronger on that song, just not executed well).
I saw both songs once, each in the same place in the setlist. ‘Halo’ got minimal crowd reaction and almost seemed like a chore that night. ‘The Day That Never Comes’ was treated like one of the classics and got an insane crowd reaction. Given I was on the rail for the last show and a ways back on the other one. Just my observations though...

I saw both songs once, each in the same place in the setlist. ‘Halo’ got minimal crowd reaction and almost seemed like a chore that night. ‘The Day That Never Comes’ was treated like one of the classics and got an insane crowd reaction. Given I was on the rail for the last show and a ways back on the other one. Just my observations though...
Well again, I'm just going by studio versions; it's entirely possible that it'd be the other way 'round live.

I'm a huge fan of them both but Death Magnetic is my #1 Metallica album.
source.gif

I feel like I shouldn't be surprised at this point, but I am.

First listen was "holy shit, how did this get big?" Further listens were "holy shit, this is awesome!"

Back