Metallica

I dunno why Lulu clicks with me and KEA, DM, AJFA don't... but it does. It's the weirdest thing ever. A lot of times I get why people rag on it, but I find myself immersed in its content. I really, really like this album. Expect an even more insane review than you've ever seen from me yet.

I'm still trying to understand why they made Hardwired... a double album when Load wasn't
It's because they were originally intending to include Lords of Summer, which would've pushed the album past 80 minutes. Thankfully the producer talked them out of it because he didn't think it was good enough and they quickly put together Hardwired to serve as an opening track. By that time it was too late to change the actual disc production order to just one disc so they rolled with it.

Lords Of Summer is better than half of the songs on Hardwired but lyrically it wouldn't have fit with the rest. I made a CD-R of Hardwired that I listen to lopping off the songs I don't like so it is just the first Cd with Spit Out The Bone added at the end.

I don't think I've ever heard "Lords of Summer". I know it exists, but never really felt the need to listen to it.

I think that song was a better choice for the album than ‘Murder One’ or ‘Am I Savage’.

Am I Savage is grossly underated imo. Yes it's not the band's finest hour and it took me a while to get into it but Metallica has never done anything quite like it before and I think it made a nice touch to the album. Murder One on the other hand was pretty boring

'Halo On Fire' is the only song on 'Hardwired... To Self Destruct' that I find significantly interesting. 'Atlas Rise' grew on me a bit after seeing it live but I found the rest of the album to be very dull. It was basically an extension of 'Death Magnetic' in my opinion.

I'm not very fond of Hardwired either. Although I find 'Confusion' and 'Here Comes Revenge' to be the best songs on the album. On the contrary, I really don't like 'Halo On Fire'. It's too boring.

The only songs I care about on Hardwired... are "Hardwired", "Atlas, Rise!" and "Moth into Flame". I enjoyed the album when I listened to it, it's not bad, and it totally wasn't a waste of time, but it's not one I feel the urge to go back to.

I prefer Hardwired because I think that its easier to listen to both production and songwriting wise - not that DM isn't bad. Some of the songs on DM just don't click with me no matter how hard I try but pretty much all do on Hardwired although that might have something to do with the fact it's the only one released during the time I was into metal. I can understand the argument for DM being objectively better though

Back