GAMES DISCUSSION - submissions welcome!

Opeth referendum?

• Total voters
That sounds incredibly hipster.

As ever, it's very difficult to go wrong with a Maiden survivor of some sort.

I’ve discussed the idea of a metal essentials game in the chat, a head-to-head style game similar to Mckindog’s Maiden game but using classic rock/metal albums. I’m currently working on the game now, which will be focused on 1970-1975. So far these are the albums I’m slated to include:

Black Sabbath - Paranoid, Sabbath Bloody Sabbath

Led Zeppelin - IV

Deep Purple - Machine Head, In Rock

Blue Oyster Cult - Secret Treaties

Queen - Sheer Heart Attack

Kiss - Alive!

Uriah Heep - Demons and Wizards

Alice Cooper - Schools Out

I don’t want to include any more than 10. The idea is that the game will be fast paced and feature albums that are pretty well known to encourage participation from as many people as possible. There are a couple albums that aren’t super popular, but I think one or two of those may be acceptable. Anyway, I’m posting the list now because it’s by no means definitive. I want to get an idea of what people are and aren’t interested in. Please keep in mind that this is meant to appeal to a wide range of participants before suggesting your favorite Lucifer’s Friend album.

Led Zeppelin - IV
I'd much rather do Physical Graffiti, but that's mostly a personal thing because despite its popularity, LZ IV has never been my favorite album from them. If Uriah Heep is included, though, then I'm in. Gives me an excuse to finally hear that album in full.

I’ve discussed the idea of a metal essentials game in the chat, a head-to-head style game similar to Mckindog’s Maiden game but using classic rock/metal albums. I’m currently working on the game now, which will be focused on 1970-1975. So far these are the albums I’m slated to include:

Led Zeppelin - IV

Kiss - Alive!

I think Kiss debut album is one of the best debuts in heavy metal/rock. Yeah, Alive! has a legendary status, but it's a live album.

I also think Rainbow debut album deserves a inclusion.

Do you plan to do a similar game for the albums after 1975 ? :)

Led Zeppelin - IV

Kiss - Alive!

I don’t want to include any more than 10. The idea is that the game will be fast paced and feature albums that are pretty well known to encourage participation from as many people as possible. There are a couple albums that aren’t super popular, but I think one or two of those may be acceptable. Anyway, I’m posting the list now because it’s by no means definitive. I want to get an idea of what people are and aren’t interested in. Please keep in mind that this is meant to appeal to a wide range of participants before suggesting your favorite Lucifer’s Friend album.

Good selection, I'll be happy to participate :)
Though I'd personally rather have either Stand Up or Aqualung from Jethro Tull and Rainbow's debut than Kiss and Alice Cooper, but I definitely understand the "wide appeal"-argument.

Last edited:
The problem is that every Alice Cooper album is one or two good songs and a ton of filler. Rainbow's three Dio albums are full of gold. Aqualung also makes a ton of sense.

I could definitely replace Kiss and Alice Cooper with Aqualung and Rainbow. I like Stand Up a lot (it’s also a heavier album) but Aqualung is probably more well known.

I might also swap SBS for Volume 4.

This game will likely be followed by one covering 1975 - 1979 yes.

Back