GAMES DISCUSSION - submissions welcome!

Opeth referendum?

• Total voters
Late to the discussion, but I want to suggest something regarding the ranking threads if we will continue them with other artists.

Those posts have two phases, the voting phase and the list phase. The problem is that all the discussion comes out in the voting part and then when the list comes out there is nothing to be said except the bitching Ariana said.

I think perhaps if the voting was silent, there would be more discussion over time... First song (or a burst of them) comes out, and then we can talk about it. This could make it more interesting while keeping the list game format, and make it less tedious for the host (less pressure for the list to unfold and no need to look for comments from all over the forum).

Basically song of the ____ but instead of showing everything at the end make it gradual where the results already exist (or really just song of the ____...)

Late to the discussion, but I want to suggest something regarding the ranking threads if we will continue them with other artists.

Those posts have two phases, the voting phase and the list phase. The problem is that all the discussion comes out in the voting part and then when the list comes out there is nothing to be said except the bitching Ariana said.

I think perhaps if the voting was silent, there would be more discussion over time... First song (or a burst of them) comes out, and then we can talk about it. This could make it more interesting while keeping the list game format, and make it less tedious for the host (less pressure for the list to unfold and no need to look for comments from all over the forum).

Basically song of the ____ but instead of showing everything at the end make it gradual where the results already exist (or really just song of the ____...)
I like this idea a lot. My intentions were always to have discussion during voting and then discussion when each song comes out, but that’s not always the case.

To take the idea and really spin it on its head, we could go through the discography in random fashion, skipping around through random spots on the list, before finally hitting the Top 10 and doing that bit in order. Something to think about.

Wasn't there a discussion about breaking-up Maiden's catalog and doing a "short song survivor" for songs up to 6:59 and an "epics survivor"? That split is pretty arbitrary but 23:58 and El Dorado seem more like "short songs even though they clock-in at over 6 minutes, while there are some shorter songs like Mother Russia that feel more like epics.

The problem I always have with survivor is that very few bands, even ones I really like have mediocre to poor albums that kill the momentum.

My biggest difficulty with keeping up with survivors is really the amount of music per round. I could vote for Maiden and a few other bands without a second thought, but I mostly want to relisten to the choices.

To get back to the #MakeSurvivorsGreatAgain thing, I think a Rainbow survivor would be a good idea. A lot of people who post on a board such as this tend to like Rainbow, and if we do start a popular one in which a lot of people will have (sometimes strongly diverging) opinions, it may drive people back here. We could use this to test advertising strategies, too.

Right, when they were super popular. 5 seems like a lot for our current situation, until you can convince many more people to participate.

My time for survivors is pretty limited. Maybe five years ago I would’ve participated in survivors for bands like Alestorm but it’s hard to do bands I’m completely unfamiliar with now.

I’m looking forward to Ghost though. I have a surface level familiarity with their work and their discography is small. The fact that there aren’t a lot of games running right now will help me keep up too.

I still think the reason for the survivors getting stale was the choice of artists.

I also would not be interested in Rainbow.

You have to balance familiarity with exploration, but I recommend sticking with familiarity for now to get people into the games.

I still think the reason for the survivors getting stale was the choice of artists.

I also would not be interested in Rainbow.
And effort. If you want to drop in to the forum and do some quick interactive stuff, there's those guessing games, and zillions of resurrected old polls that nobody reads

And effort. If you want to drop in to the forum and do some quick interactive stuff, there's those guessing games, and zillions of resurrected old polls that nobody reads
You can't blame people for not wanting to play your games if you don't want to play theirs. And games are games (I will keep saying this).

Back