Bruce Dickinson

I think in these sort of "list your best/top X number of a thing" lists, an artist looks like a bit of a cunt if they name something from their own career.

Of course. That would be my pick, if I had to choose one Maiden song.

That Rosie solo is meh for a top 3 pick. It's the rest of the music that kicks so much ass. What a drive. I bet Bruce did take the whole section into account.

Actually that particular rendition of the solo would suck if placed over something else. Especially that fast picked triplet that isn't clean, it's barely in tempo.

Like with a lot of AC/DC, it's Malcolm doing the heavy work.

Imagine Bruce picking Adrian's solo in Alexander the Great. This forum would have gone into a meltdown.

LOL

Not only would there be meltdown over alexander but also the double whammy of Bruce speaking postively about anything to do with SIT.

Imagine Bruce picking Adrian's solo in Alexander the Great. This forum would have gone into a meltdown.

For sure. As I already said, this would have been my choice - Adrian's solo in ATG is brutally good. :yes:

The presenter learnt to fly and land. That's one step away from only learning to fly and not being interested in taking off or landing. :innocent:

It was interesting that Bruce told the guy not to look out the window though. Pilots must have to turn off the instinctive act to look ahead of them. @Dr. Eddies Wingman?

The presenter learnt to fly and land. That's one step away from only learning to fly and not being interested in taking off or landing. :innocent:

It was interesting that Bruce told the guy not to look out the window though. Pilots must have to turn off the instinctive act to look ahead of them. @Dr. Eddies Wingman?

That goes to show the difference between VFR (visual) flight and IFR (flying by instruments only). If you fly visually (as all pilot students do at first) you're actually taught to look outside most of the time, and only take brief glances at your instruments to check heading/altitude etc.

The last part, about turning off the instinctive and look ahead, is probably true for all flying. You've got to be one step ahead of the aircraft at all times. To be frank, I think the same is true on the road. Situational awareness is important when flying, but it's not less important when you're in a metal box among other metal boxes moving at 100 km/h only meters apart from each other.

bruce bruce needs to stop with all the stupid talking and interviews and flying drivel!! This man is all about the voice
I dont think plane discussion is appropriate all the time
Book touring is a joke to!!!

Finally got around to reading the book. Not really anything new, interesting or clarifying. I like the fact that it's not sensational, but then disappointment over things like focusing on a completely irrelevant and uninteresting film project, instead of a million actually interesting things, takes over.

Back