Edguy / Avantasia / Tobias Sammet

Toby have a lot more contacts and worldwide guests in the music business now than back in 2000, but who knows, maybe there are a few more surprises coming up

Avantasia stopped being interesting to me when they started releasing albums and performing live too often. Should've been a more special thing.

FINALLY! HANSI! YEEESSS! I was wondering when he was going to work with him after Vainglory Opera. I also predict, just like with the usual stable of singers, there will be the usual stable of musicians. Sascha Paeth, Oli Hartman, Felix Bonke, Miro Rosenberg, etc.

Avantasia stopped being interesting to me when they started releasing albums and performing live too often. Should've been a more special thing.

I thought that too, then they started making better albums than most bands out there and I changed my mind. Tobias said as much in the Live DVD of their first tour. He thought after the first two, "Metal Operas," that was that, but They have so much potential, endless really. And wouldn't you work with your heros/idols if you could? Athletes and musicians are lucky in that way. Hard to pass up.

Thus, for me, most of the collaborations have been from really good to great, with only a few "meh" to good. Of the few releases I still look forward to.

Trailer for the the album, which will be released on February 15th or something. Sounds like pretty standard Avantasia from what I can tell, but Mille Petrozza's involvement could be fascinating.

WOW. This starts good..........
(lead vocals Tobias Sammet, Hansi Kürsch & Jørn Lande)

Last edited:
Cool, which album(s) did you start with. They are quite different today from their Metal Opera days.

Cool, which album(s) did you start with. They are quite different today from their Metal Opera days.
I haven’t listened to full albums, just individual songs specifically:

The scarecrow
Sign of the cross
Seven angels
Dying for an angel

Back