Let's try and get 1,000,000 replies to this post

Reporting live from Tallinn: It has been snowing for about an hour now and the situation has become utterly chaotic. The streets are empty as everybody has fled this arctic pandemonium. I'll be heading out to drink a couple of beers at a friend's place. If I don't return, know that I died a death worthy of an Immortal song.
Stay strong before the mighty King Winter, Nordic brother!

I want every journalist who puts his name on an article containing the term "Snow chaos" without there being actual chaos sent back to ground school.

The little snow fall we had last night/morning caused a few cars to slide off the road. Hardly chaos. Nobody got hurt. Before 9AM there was business as usual. Chaos? No. GET YOUR ACT TOGETHER and STOP BEING IDIOTS!
They don't put their names on articles. I've asked to have mine taken off them before, owing to the content manager royally pissing around with the facts and putting a misleading headline, and they refused.

A burst water pipe near my university affected the water supply to the campus today so the university was closed this afternoon and all students and non-essential staff were instructed to go home. This was quite frustrating as I had work to do but I went to the pub with a couple of my colleagues as we had nothing better to do.

:cheers:

This autumn, one of my colleagues finally found the time to wrap up his PhD thesis. (He started on his PhD just around the time I finished mine). He defended it today. His given topic for the trial lecture was operator-less industry, and he illustrated it with this picture:

s053844320.jpg

Pilot: "Good morning, Frankfurt ground, KLM 242 request start up and push back, please."
Tower: "KLM 242 expect start up in two hours."
Pilot: "Please confirm: two hours delay?"
Tower: "Affirmative"
Pilot: "In that case, cancel the good morning!"

In the 'While Your Lips Are Still Red' he's stalking Marco around with an expression that says "if you fuck this up I will fucking slit your throat".

Back