Here we go again...Iron Maiden sued over the rights of 6 songs

Basically, there was never a proper CD transfer from the master tapes up until a few years ago, as the record company claimed the tapes were lost. Lars showed up in their offices one day and told them to have a good look for the masters or else Metallicas lawyers would get involved. Miracolously the tapes were found.
Lars "the enforcer" Ulrich.

Enter two further people, Dennis Wilks and Tony Miles. I'll deal with Miles first: He is an ex-band member of Wilcock's (and he has told McKay off for consistently misspelling the name), who said he has very damaging information, such as recordings of Wilcock's last gig in 1984 and many a personal insight on Wilcock's character. He also cited quite a lot of published interviews in which Wilcock talked about his version of Iron Maiden songs, and about Maiden playing material he had performed. McKay, interestingly, did not respond to any of these points, but he reacted to Miles like a wounded animal. That makes two people who have potentially very damaging information and a less than cool response by a McKay who otherwise claims he has an airtight case.

I'm really not sure what to make of Dennis Wilks, however, and here's why. As far as I can see, he made two posts on Blabbermouth right around the time McKay's tone starts to change drastically and he starts the name-calling and personal insults. I will also add that one of his posts contains a revealing typo, namely an å at the end of the word, the sort of typo that is only likely to occur on Danish, Norwegian, or Swedish keyboards. I noticed all this because my first impulse to check if this McKay is genuine was to click on his Facebook profile (the Blabbermouth posts are made via Facebook, as I'm sure you all know).

McKay's public profile is completely empty save for four friends. Three of these seem to be musicians with semi-public profiles and thousands of friends. The fourth is - Dennis Wilks.

Wilks' profile is even more spurious. Next to McKay, he has only one friend, an Ahmad Hamdan, who seems to be some sort of spiritual guru with thousands of mostly Middle Eastern friends. Apart from that, there are three public posts on his timeline, all being the change of profile pictures. The first picture, uploaded on 4. July, is the logo of the Cork City Football Club. The second, uploaded on 4. August, is an ominous blue circle on a black background. The last one, uploaded on 6. August, is a filled-in blue circle on white background. 6. August also being the alleged day of the McKay meltdown, although I can't make out if this is also when Wilks posted on Blabbermouth.

Earlier today, I jumped to conclusions which I told some members here privately, but right now, I only have the feeling that I'm seeing dots that I'm not sure how to connect, and that apart from the seemingly legit McKay story, something else seems to also be happening.
In the Blabbermouth comments section for the article about Bruce's Brexit views there is another comment from Dennis Wilks - the man with the fekso-like Facebook profile picture.

upload_2018-11-24_19-26-18.png

So, will Willson-Slesser now get sued by McCartney and Yoko?
Rainbow's gold:
Yes I'm so tired

Beatles - I'm so tired
I'm so tired

Maybe David Bowie's estate?
Rainbow's gold:
In the heat of the morning

Bowie - In The Heat Of The Morning
In the heat of the morning

That's why this lawsuit is ridiculous.

The Smiths' What Difference does it make:
I'm so tired

Fugazzi's I'm So Tired:
I'm so tired

Rod Stewart's So Tired:
I'm so tired

Me reading this absolute pile of crap at the press:
I'm so fuckin' tired of this shit!

P.s.: go ahead: sue me Dennis...

Basically, there was never a proper CD transfer from the master tapes up until a few years ago, as the record company claimed the tapes were lost. Lars showed up in their offices one day and told them to have a good look for the masters or else Metallicas lawyers would get involved. Miracolously the tapes were found.

I'm a month late on this, but it's utterly remarkable how many people think of Lars as a dickhead when he's been a bit of a trail blazer when it comes to defending musicians.

Speaking of which... where's Foro? Going through this thread again all of his posts have vanished...

Does the "v" and "b" sound overlap? I know my Spanish teacher from Columbia would always say stuff like "vervs" and "vathroom"; is that the same in Portuguese?
In Spanish the letter V is the same as B but, allegedly, "softer". I don't know about Portuguese though.

Here's an interesting idea:

From Bazza's published court papers (point 10 on page 3):
"In the premises, the copyright in the Willcock Works together with all accrued causes of action in respect of any infringements of such copyright has been assigned to, and vests in, the Claimant (in the case of Prodigal Son, jointly with Mr Harris)."

Interpretation: Dennis has sold his rights (whatever they may turn out to be) to Bazza, who is now pursuing them for himself.

From Loopy's Facebook page (29 June):

"No wonder Dennis has gone into hiding."

Interpretation: Dennis has gone into hiding.

Overall impression: Dennis has stitched Bazza up like a kipper and then done a runner? Just a thought ...

From Loopy's Facebook page (29 June):

"No wonder Dennis has gone into hiding."

Interpretation: Dennis has gone into hiding.
The full quote:

Tony Miles I read the GV1 statement posted on fb, and by the time I spoke to Steve about it, he already knew and laughed. Obviously Dennis is being wound up by Mckay, and that big headed twat is about to find out what it's like to lose a case. When Maiden did the first two shows at the Ruskin, Dennis supplied the PA and stood at the desk "supervising". Dianno was 15 feet away singing his lyrics, and he didn't notice??? Utter shite mate. No wonder Dennis has gone into hiding.

Amazing.

Back