Dave Murray

Since Dave is barely active with a side projects, I would like to notice other thing. His songs that he written/co-written are always the ones that were played (if ever) less times on a album tour or history/hits tour. I think usually (on most of the albums) the worst song (!by Maiden standards, which are pretty high) is his. Well, he has written some amazing gems too. Let's see how it goes:

Charlotte The Harlot - played 99 times.
Still Life - played 44 times.
Deja-Vu - 0 times.
The Prophecy - 0 times.
Public Enema Number One - played 106 times.
Fates Warning - 0 times.
Chains Of Misery - 0 times.
Judas Be My Guide - 0 times. :confused:
Lighting Strike Twice - played 87 times.
When Two Worlds Collide - played 87 times.
Brave New World - played 203 times.
The Nomad - 0 times.
The Thin Line Between Love And Hate - 0 times.
Rainmaker - played 48 times. :(
Age Of Innocence - 0 times. :)
The Reincarnation Of Benjamin Breeg - played 96 times.
The Man Who Would Be King - 0 times.
The Man Of Sorrows - 0 times.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
*Sanctuary - played 1277 times. (but that song was also credited to the whole band until 1998)
*Twilight Zone - played 81 times.
*Total Eclipse - played 53 times.
..... Justice Of The Peace is another song co-written by Dave (0 times.)

So, the most played Dave song is BNW, but that has three co-writers and was a title track so if we exclude it (and Sanctuary too), the most played Dave song will be PENO. If I was in Dave's place I would have been sad that my songs have been played at least times :lol:

Really he has written some amazing hidden gems like Still Life, Deja-Vu, JBMG, WTWC, The Nomad, TTLBLAH, TROBB and TMOS, but also some stinkers like CTH and AOI ! And two real immortal Maiden classic: BNW and Rainmaker.... (JBMG is a lost classic).

Since Dave is barely active with a side projects, I would like to notice other thing. His songs that he written/co-written are always the ones that were played (if ever) less times on a album tour or history/hits tour. I think usually (on most of the albums) the worst song (!by Maiden standards, which are pretty high) is his. Well, he has written some amazing gems too. Let's see how it goes
The statistics are interesting, but I don't get your personal comment. We all know this is a matter of taste, and we all have different felling on Maiden songs. It does not stregthen your point: if those songs are really the worst (which I don't agree), no wonder they are not played. The surprising fact is that such gems as Still Life or The Thin Line were not played or in so rare occasions.

The statistics are interesting, but I don't get your personal comment. We all know this is a matter of taste, and we all have different felling on Maiden songs. It does not stregthen your point: if those songs are really the worst (which I don't agree), no wonder they are not played. The surprising fact is that such gems as Still Life or The Thin Line were not played or in so rare occasions.

Some of them are the worst songs IMO. My point was that it is sad that Dave songs are not played or in so rare occasions, which for some of them is strange, because it has a real gems.

I would love to hear Deja-Vu, Judas, Thin Line, Rainmaker, or even Breeg at a show. All the others, however, I tend to agree that they are generally in the lower portion of quality for their given albums.

I would love to hear Deja-Vu, Judas, Thin Line, Rainmaker, or even Breeg at a show. All the others, however, I tend to agree that they are generally in the lower portion of quality for their given albums.

Still Life, The Nomad, When Two Worlds Collide and even The Man Of Sorrows would be great live. I really would love to hear live again Brave New World and one of my all time favorites Rainmaker. Actually, I expect BNW to be played on the next album tour - I have that feeling. :)

The surprising fact is that such gems as Still Life or The Thin Line were not played or in so rare occasions.

That's because Still Life is not a fact surely? It was played as far as I know on the whole of the World Piece Tour and a lot of the Seventh Tour of a Seventh Tour, that has to be more than 44 times

That's because Still Life is not a fact surely? It was played as far as I know on the whole of the World Piece Tour and a lot of the Seventh Tour of a Seventh Tour, that has to be more than 44 times

Still Life has been played 28 times during WPT and 16 times during STOAST..... 16 + 28 = 44.

Stop bickering like Star Wars nerds! ;) "Still Life" has been played regularly but on a few legs.
No. Still Life was dropped before NA tour from the regular set and only added before the UK tour during STOAST.

Mods, I'd like this person to be banned from This or related discussions because he brings nothing to the table but noise.
Days after days I'm clicking on notifications for threads I follow only to see this "Insert any username here" and his incoherent ramblings. Who gives a fuck what you consider anything? Add to the discussion with something others can follow up to, or just do what frustrated people do - jerk off and write a blog.

Back