NOW WATCHING

I'm halfway through The Haunting of Hill House on Netflix and it's superb. Incredibly well plotted, acted, cast, and conceptualized. It's also dead creepy.

Why am I only finding out about this now? :eek:

Watched the original film a few weeks back, thought the story was brilliant but the film itself... less so. Watching a guy wrestle with an obviously fake child really killed the atmosphere.

I watched the trailer a few days back. I have no reason to suspect it isn't, but is that cat real do you think?

I also, like you Edington, watched the original for the first time; I thought it was hilarious. That fake kid bit was very funny.

Just finished watching Errementari on netflix. It's a fantasy horror movie, but mostly fantasy, about a blacksmith battling the devil. Won't say anymore than that as it's best to go in not knowing too much. Visually it's quite nice and reminds me a bit of Pan's Labyrinth by del Toro.

Not big on horror films but I wouldn't mind seeing the new Halloween, think I'd like to see more of the others first. Only saw the first one about a year ago, thought it was great.

I haven't seen any Halloween movies but I'm going to see the new one on Friday, most likely.

He does look real, though I'd guess they'd use animatronics or CG at some points.

And obviously they wouldn't run over a real cat... would they? :(

And obviously they wouldn't run over a real cat... would they? :(

These days definitely not. They did it in Cannibal Holocaust and that one got banned in half the world. Some of the crew even served short jail sentences, I think, which is understandable because there was a very graphic scene of dissecting a live tortoise.

I was thinking of Cannibal Holocaust earlier funnily enough. I'm the same, sometimes feel like watching it only to remember the animals. Didn't they kill something like six or seven animals for it? Disgusting.

I've been watching Mad Men on Netflix recently (just started the second season) and I've been wondering: do Americans still use the word "swell" in place of "good"?

Still use it? Definitely not. In the 60s? Yep.

I've been rewatching/finishing Mad Men as well. I'll be starting Season 6 in a little bit. It's a tough show to watch sometimes, but I think it's one of the best, most patiently exceptional shows ever.

I've been watching Mad Men on Netflix recently (just started the second season) and I've been wondering: do Americans still use the word "swell" in place of "good"?

Yes, yes we do. Along with rightious, cowabunga, gee willakers and aw hamburgers. :D

Back