USA Politics

Donald Trump is calling the Democrats an angry mob; yet oddly enough, bombs have been showing up at the homes of George Soros and the Clintons, as well as Obama's office.

Hmm...who is the mob again?

I watched a Youtube clip from a probably biased news channel earlier which pointed out that Republican senators are starting to soften their stance towards Obamacare now that people don't want to lose their insurance. They all loved it all along then. :lol:

I think they are changing their stance on per-existing conditions ... in part because they did a shit job in explaining why it is not such a big deal and people are scared about it. But they rightly have essentially repealed the mandate and closed loopholes on "I am sick, I'll buy insurance for a month, use it then cancel it" kind of crap

The mandate was important for making the whole scheme work, though. I agree on the buying insurance for a month thing - that was bullshit.

In the end, I think the ACA is an unworkable solution and it will eventually break down, even before they undid the mandate. But millions and millions of Americans got health coverage, so sometimes you do things to save lives.

The mandate was never going to work though .to bring in healthy people, because the penalty was so low and so easily waived that it was never a big enough "stick" to cause healthy people to buy insurance, which was the key to the whole scheme to offset costs. Pay a $750 penalty (that you really did not have to pay, at most it was taking out of a refund) versus pay $12K a year for something you do not anticipate using.

My numbers might be off, but I do not think by all that much.

I think it depends on where you are and who you are, but yeah, I agree with you. It really brings it back around to there should just be mandatory health care - cheaper in the long run for the government and for people, even when there are challenges.

I think it depends on where you are and who you are, but yeah, I agree with you. It really brings it back around to there should just be mandatory health care - cheaper in the long run for the government and for people, even when there are challenges.

Yeah ... specifically to Obamacare, it was never going to work as intended ... I am all for more people with insurance, I think how they went about it could not have been much more wrong. Sure, some things that helped some people, but poorly designed and I think the wrong approach overall ... which I know we have discussed here before.

One thing that Obamacare has done for me is made me very, very sure that the right way to proceed on health care is a centrally funded mandate, rather than a patchwork system of multiple providers. Not saying that mandate has to be government-run, or federally run, but when you look at the %GDP the US spends on health care, it's much higher than even Canada - and that's before the private spending.

Time-Warner Building in NYC, which houses CNN, has been evacuated due to a bomb found in the mailroom.

Four of Trump's favourite targets...four bombs. Coincidence?

When Trump Phones Friends, the Chinese and the Russians Listen and Learn
When President Trump calls old friends on one of his iPhones to gossip, gripe or solicit their latest take on how he is doing, American intelligence reports indicate that Chinese spies are often listening — and putting to use invaluable insights into how to best work the president and affect administration policy, current and former American officials said.

(...)

The issue of secure communications is fraught for Mr. Trump. As a presidential candidate, he regularly attacked his Democratic opponent, Hillary Clinton, during the 2016 campaign for her use of an unsecured email server while she was secretary of state, and he basked in chants of “lock her up” at his rallies.

And yet, Clinton is evil and Trump isn't.

Where have they gone into hiding now? The people on this forum who attacked Clinton on that highly important matter?

Where have they gone into hiding now? The people on this forum who attacked Clinton on that highly important matter?

Your take away from that piece of news is that Clinton shouldn't have been criticised for it? :confused: How about criticising both and pointing out Trump and his supporters' hypocrisy, which I think was Perun's intention there?

There has never been any visible Trump supporters on Maidenfans. Americans who criticised Hillary on the forum expressed their support for Gary Johnson and Jill Stein, and non-Americans, including myself, were mostly sympathetic towards Bernie Sanders. Don't think anybody has any reason to hide.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jer
The elections were about and the final and one and only choice that led to Trump was: Clinton or Trump.

My point is:
There have been both Trump and rather Trump than Clinton supporters here but they have become silent people in this topic and/or they rather not compare these figures anymore.

Trump did about everything worse than the stuff they attacked Clinton about.

Last edited:
Back