2015 Remasters on CD

cool..amazon were the job as well with the vinyl remasters a few years ago... dont need these at all but am a complete sucker

It's up on emp at the moment but the price is even more of a rip off than the Maiden site, the total for the 4 album is €96!

I ordered them all from Amazon, working out at £57.77, we'll see what the comes in at in euros but should be way cheaper than the maiden site and emp.

They're basically the same now aren't they? Or will be soon. :p

Pretty much, xe.com is giving it as €65 euros but I find by the time your credit card bill comes in there's usually a discrepancy of 1 or 2 euros between the price you saw on xe.com and what you've actually paid, either way about 20 quid at least cheaper than the prices from the other 2 sites I checked. Maiden are killing themselves with that postage charge, as otherwise they were cheaper than amazon, but amazon has no postal charge.

I would not be getting the same albums all over again. I already have the original CD and LP releases plus the 1998 CD remasters, picture discs, etc.

I just wished they would give us something like Eddie's Archive instead. :(

:lol: :lol:

Nope. I have different pressings of some albums and in some cases we ended up with additional copies when my record collection and my better half's merged. ;)

I actually have all the albums on cassette up to AMOLAD :dorky:

DOTR and AMOLAD are from Malaysia and Indonesia respectively, as the west weren't producing cassettes at that stage.

I'm not sure if any have been released on cassette after that as luckily I copped on to myself! Although not enough as I will still buy these new remasters.

Think I have them all on cassette up to A Real Live One & A Real Dead One. The first album I purposely acquired on CD at release was Donington. Always pissed I never bought that on vinyl at the time.

Last edited:
I'd also prefer something a bit more special, but to be fair, given the poor execution of the 1998 remasters and the fact that those have been the only CD versions of the older albums available pretty much anywhere, this re-release bunch is at least somewhat appropriate.

The 1995 releases with those bonus discs are naturally hard to top, but this bunch isn't that bad to begin with - especially if there's any younger fans out there who don't have all the records yeat and are interested in CDs in the first place.

Guessing we can assume these will sound exactly like the 24/96 Onkyo releases in terms of loudness and dynamics? The LP's were quite a bit better.

I really doubt they’ll use a higher sampling rate/bit depth than the standard CD format (44khz/16).

I would not be getting the same albums all over again. I already have the original CD and LP releases plus the 1998 CD remasters, picture discs, etc.

I just wished they would give us something like Eddie's Archive instead. :(

Maiden are really cheap on the archive material.
Look at a band like Deep Purple and their long running, awesome and succesful bootleg series. Maiden could easily follow in those steps.
There should be tons af material to pick and choose from.
They could fuckin well start with the Maiden Japan stuff. Again look how Purple don't ignore other lead singers like Coverdale.

These could start a great bootleg series for Maiden, as all have excellent sound and some are soundboards.
1981-05-21 Tokyo
1981-05-22 Osaka
1981-05-23 Nagoya 2 shows
1981-05-24 Tokyo 2 shows
Then carry over to the 1982 Oxford show and NYC Paladium show and so and so forth.
But 'Arry the fairy, Bruce the goose and Rod the cod are fuckin only interested in touring the old tunes. Shame. Maybe in 10-15 years.

The Purple series (called The Official Deep Purple (Overseas) Live Series) are done by a German company called Ear music. There you go.

Last edited:
Guessing we can assume these will sound exactly like the 24/96 Onkyo releases in terms of loudness and dynamics? The LP's were quite a bit better.
That’s what I’m waiting to see. I think the most likely scenario is that the LPs are for the dynamic range wonks and the CDs will be as compressed as all other digital releases since the mid 1990s. If so, then I advise you just track down the early Capitol/EMI CDs from the 1980s and cherish those. But if these new CDs are based on the best source (original master tapes) and retain the same dynamics found on those tapes, then these could end up being the go-to digital versions. But I’m not optimistic.

Back