Adrian's Solo Discography Ranked - The Complete List

82. Mooncusser
Primal Rock Rebellion
Average Score: 4.29/10
B-sides 1/9

It's no surprise to me that this throwaway B-side is bringing up the rear -- in fact, I would have been surprised if any other track had wound up in this spot instead. Its average score is more than a full point below the score of the next song on the list, and it's the only song in the discography with an average score below 5/10.

While I didn't hate it as much as some others did, it's still got the least meat of any track in contention -- and aside from the one person who gave it a 9/10, I don't think there's anyone sad to see it go.

Comments:
A brief, throwaway groove with vocals. Strangely catchy, but there just isn't much there.
I like it, but it's really just randomness.

Votes:
10 - 0
9 - 1
8 - 0
7 - 0
6 - 0
5 - 3
4 - 0
3 - 1
2 - 1
1 - 1

Overall:
82. Mooncusser

Albums:
B-sides 1/9

81. Little Girl
Urchin
Average Score: 5.33/10
Limited Releases 1/20

It looks like the people who rated the Urchin songs started running out of steam after a while, because only 3 people got around to rating this one.

While this song isn't exactly bad, it definitely wallows in mediocrity, with very little about it standing out.

Comments:

Votes:
10 - 0
9 - 0
8 - 0
7 - 0
6 - 1
5 - 2
4 - 0
3 - 0
2 - 0
1 - 0

Overall:
81. Little Girl
82. Mooncusser

Albums:
Limited Releases 1/20
B-sides 1/9

80. Madman
Urchin
Average Score: 5.33/10
Limited Releases 2/20

This song was exactly tied with "Little Girl", even down to the same vote count. I had given both songs a 5/10 myself, but I give the edge to "Madman" for its more appealing Priest-style riff, better soloing, and slightly better chorus. But make no mistake, this is still a mediocre and ultimately forgettable song.

Comments:
Unfortunately, a few good elements can't drag this one out of mediocrity.

Votes:
10 - 0
9 - 0
8 - 0
7 - 0
6 - 1
5 - 2
4 - 0
3 - 0
2 - 0
1 - 0

Overall:
80. Madman
81. Little Girl

82. Mooncusser

Albums:
Limited Releases 2/20
B-sides 1/9

79. Get Up And Get Out
Urchin
Average Score: 5.67/10
Limited Releases 3/20

Our march through the dregs continues with another track from Urchin that's mostly forgettable, but has some nice soloing to punctuate its me-too '70s hard rock mediocrity.

(Sorry that the comments are mostly my own so far -- there isn't a lot of historical forum commentary on these tracks.)

Comments:
Nice bridge bracketed by strong solos.

Votes:
10 - 0
9 - 0
8 - 0
7 - 0
6 - 2
5 - 1
4 - 0
3 - 0
2 - 0
1 - 0

Overall:
79. Get Up And Get Out
80. Madman
81. Little Girl

82. Mooncusser

Albums:
Limited Releases 3/20
B-sides 1/9

78. Need Somebody
Urchin
Limited Releases 4/20

Another Urchin track with another lame chorus. I'm kind of shocked by how weak the choruses of these songs are, given the consistent strength of Adrian's choruses later in his career.

Comments:
A bright, uptempo strummer leads into a decent verse but a pretty lame chorus.

Votes:
10 - 0
9 - 0
8 - 0
7 - 1
6 - 0
5 - 2
4 - 0
3 - 0
2 - 0
1 - 0

Overall:
78. Need Somebody
79. Get Up And Get Out
80. Madman
81. Little Girl

82. Mooncusser

Albums:
Limited Releases 4/20
B-sides 1/9

77. School Days
A.S.A.P.
B-sides 2/9

A.S.A.P. suffers its first casualty as this B-side from the "Down The Wire" single takes a dirt nap. This is also the first song in the countdown that received a 10/10 rating from one of the voters, though most rated it somewhere between OK and bad.

H is a big boy now, and he's gonna show you how -- but apparently not by writing a good chorus to this song.

Comments:
This one's the definition of a bonus track. Got boring fast.
Great solo, but the rest of the song is completely forgettable, and that chorus is downright embarrassing.

Votes:
10 - 1
9 - 0
8 - 1
7 - 0
6 - 4
5 - 3
4 - 2
3 - 1
2 - 0
1 - 0

Overall:
77. School Days
78. Need Somebody
79. Get Up And Get Out
80. Madman
81. Little Girl

82. Mooncusser

Albums:
Limited Releases 4/20
B-sides 2/9

76. Blood Brothers
A.S.A.P.
Average Score: 5.92/10
B-sides 3/9

Speak of the devil, @Diesel 11 , and it shall appear. Another A.S.A.P. track falls, this time a B-side from the "Silver And Gold" single. I can't say I'm a fan of this one; but there are a few good elements to the song, and other people seemed to like it a lot more than I did.

Comments:
Good but nothing special.
This song is kind of a mess. The verse and solo are pretty good, but the chorus doesn't fit the song at all.

Votes:
10 - 0
9 - 1
8 - 1
7 - 2
6 - 3
5 - 2
4 - 3
3 - 0
2 - 0
1 - 0

Overall:
76. Blood Brothers
77. School Days
78. Need Somebody
79. Get Up And Get Out
80. Madman
81. Little Girl

82. Mooncusser

Albums:
Limited Releases 4/20
B-sides 3/9

75. Just Like A Woman
Psycho Motel
Average Score: 6.00/10
B-sides 4/9

The song ratings have now graduated from the 5's to the 6's as we enter the top 75.

The first Psycho Motel track to meet its end in the countdown, "Just Like A Woman" was a B-side to Welcome To The World; but it was apparently an orphan from the State Of Mind sessions, so it still featured Solli on vocals, as I recently discovered with much embarrassment. :facepalm:

The voting was all over the place for this track, but leaned slightly positive. That said, I'm sure that @Black Abyss Babe is happy to see this one meet its end...

Comments:
I have a special loathing of Just Like A Woman
A classy cover, and arguably Andy's [ed: actually Solli's!] strongest vocal performance, which was surprising to me.
Haaaaa ha ha ha ha ha ha! Strongest vocal performance, Solli is great isn't he?
The cover of "Just Like a Woman" is surprisingly nice.
Good cover of a Bob Dylan song. The vocals are actually really good here.

Votes:
10 - 0
9 - 1
8 - 1
7 - 3
6 - 1
5 - 1
4 - 0
3 - 1
2 - 1
1 - 0

Overall:
75. Just Like A Woman
76. Blood Brothers
77. School Days
78. Need Somebody
79. Get Up And Get Out
80. Madman
81. Little Girl

82. Mooncusser

Albums:
Limited Releases 4/20
B-sides 4/9

74. (Can't) Wait
Psycho Motel
Average Score: 6.00/10
B-sides 5/9

Another Psycho Motel B-side bites the dust. Once again the votes were all over the scale, covering everything from a 2/10 to a 10/10, with the average leaning slightly positive.

I found a lot to like in this song, though it had some problems, too. Still, like "Just Like A Woman" before it, I thought this would place a bit higher.

Comments:
Looser, more of a "jam" than the other songs here, and it's better for it.
I really like the vibe of this song. The guitar work and the verses are great. [...] The "doo-doo-doos" at the end are cringe-inducing

Votes:
10 - 1
9 - 0
8 - 1
7 - 2
6 - 1
5 - 1
4 - 0
3 - 1
2 - 1
1 - 0

Overall:
74. (Can't) Wait
75. Just Like A Woman
76. Blood Brothers
77. School Days
78. Need Somebody
79. Get Up And Get Out
80. Madman
81. Little Girl

82. Mooncusser

Albums:
Limited Releases 4/20
B-sides 5/9

The next song on the countdown will be the first regular album track to get the axe. Any theories on what it might be...?

I'm not surprised to see "Just Like a Woman" that low, but I stand by the fact that I enjoyed it - even more than some of the ASAP stuff!
My guess is that either "As Tears Come Falling..." from PRR or one of the ASAP songs are next then.

Despite being a cover, I think it should've been higher. Good song. I think this is the only time I've outright disagreed with @Black Abyss Babe . :p
Whatever floats your boat. I just have an aversion to love songs generally, especially miserable, bleeding heart dirges about break-ups. I just think "oh grow up ffs ..."

In fact, one of the first things about Maiden that drew me in was that they didn't seem to have any: they have much more interesting things to write about :).

That's true! I just think in the context of Adrian's stuff it's one of the better songs.

Back