Legacy of the Beast Tour Second Leg Rumours & Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope in 2019 they’ll be touring a new album. Shame we didn’t get the Legacy tour in the US in 2018, but we know the time is short. So I prefer they get on with a new album and tour before it’s too late.
They will continue the LOTB tour in North and South America next year, I would be absolutely floored if they didn't. And I will be there. Hopefully new album in late Fall 2019 and new album tour Feb/March 2020.

As long as they don't drop For the Greater Good of God, The Clansman, Sign of the Cross, and Where Eagles Dare, I'll be happy (hopefully they keep Flight of Icarus in the set as well).

I think LOTB second leg is almost certain. In the tour announcement it says the tour is expected to continue in 2019. Also, I think it's really unlikely that they would put together this huge tour production and only be on the road for basically 2 months, so I would be really surprised if it doesn't have a 2nd leg.

I don't think they've ever done a tour where they exclusively did just one continent. Don't know why they'd start now, considering they have so many fans that are not European and this is perhaps their best set list and showmanship in recent years, if not ever.

LOTB 2019 leg is guaranteed. Sorry for the people who are wanting a new album ASAP but the absolute earliest will probably be late 2019 (after they officially finish LOTB tour) or probably 2020. Other countries in the world need Iron Maiden and this amazing set list.

Now to embrace the long dark until October/November for the announcement...

Would you agree (hypothetically) to change next LOTB leg setlist to this one?

1 Be Quick Or Be Dead
2 Killers
3 Infinite Dreams
4 Futureal
5 Dance of Death
6 Bring Your Daughter... To the Slaughter
7 22 Acacia Avenue
8 Clairvoyant
9 Stranger in a Strange Land
10 Powerslave
11 Rime of the Ancient Mariner
12 Iron Maiden

13 Alexander the Great
14 Wasted Years
15 Running Free

It would be great if this thread is kept as clean as possible of non-sense predictions/ wishes.

If you ask, no I wouldn't agree, because it has some great songs that I would miss as the next leg will be far away from Europe.

The official FB page reads "Last show of the tour! You had better be loud London!" (dated from yesterday). I think it says it all...

New album then next year...

Well, we still don't know what is/are the surprise(s) that Dave was talking about - maybe release the new album at the start of 2019 and a tour from February to August + 2020 the second leg of this album tour - yeah, I know..... but the dream is true...... :innocent: or new album 'till the end of this year ::)

Last edited:
The Legacy of the Beast tour for 2019 is pretty much confirmed. The biggest question is the timing: will they bring the show to Asia, Australia and possibly somewhere else in... let's say, February-March, have a little break and then do another leg in july-september, if they'll headline Rock in Rio. If not, summer tour similar to 2010 or 2012 is pretty likely. Closer to 2010, really, if they'll end up doing a couple of European dates in addition to America(s).

However it'll turn out, writing and recording a new album in late 2019 sounds like something they'd indeed do. After all, they had a lot of ideas in 2014 and Bruce said in his book that with a short Maiden England run during the summer, they were ready to focus on that new album. It would have been released much earlier in 2015 if things didn't turn out as they did. In the end, they DID turn out incredibly well, but my point is, that TBOS might have been out much earlier, had there not been a cancer. With that in mind, touring during next summer, writing and recording sessions late next year and an album release in early 2020 sounds very likely to me. Early 2020 would be tricky with tour dates though, assuming they'll tour that summer; tour announcement in late 2019 would give fans much more time to prepare. Can they get a new album out as early as late 2019? Perhaps. Will they? That's another question. It really comes down to what kind of plans they have next year: do they take some time for planning the next album early next year, or is late 2019 the earliest possible hour for them to give it a proper thought? Will TLOTB go for a third year? It might, but I think not. A live release around xmas 2019 would be interesting too. And then, album release next year. So many options...

'However it'll turn out, writing and recording a new album in late 2019 sounds like something they'd indeed do.'

I think, they will record new album this fall-winter. For late 2019 release.

'However it'll turn out, writing and recording a new album in late 2019 sounds like something they'd indeed do.'

I think, they will record new album this fall-winter. For late 2019 release.

Since that's what people predicted with such certainty for the long period between the announcement of the tour and the start last time that I was called out for not thinking so, I'm pretty sure it won't happen.

Based on all experience, I am counting on a world tour next year an a writing/recording of a new album starting in 2020.

1 Be Quick Or Be Dead
2 Killers
3 Infinite Dreams
4 Futureal
5 Dance of Death
7 22 Acacia Avenue
8 Clairvoyant
10 Powerslave
12 Iron Maiden

13 Alexander the Great
14 Wasted Years
15 Running Free

No.

They might just go into the studio pretty soon after the tour ends, as they did with TBOS, but I can't see them planning to sit on a new album for a whole year.

Based on all experience, I am counting on a world tour next year an a writing/recording of a new album starting in 2020.

That might very well be the case. That way, the TLOTB would go for an appropriate cycle with possible live release and there would be an appropriate amount of preparation and hype-building time between recording, release and album tour announcements.

Not sure if I would expect a live release.

Most likely, there will be a second leg starting early 2019 covering the Americas and Asia/Pacific with maybe a few oddball gigs such as South Africa or some European festivals in the summer. We will likely get an announcement in late autumn, and they'll find something else to sell us until then, like a new beer or an LOTB collector's box.
The tour will probably end in autumn, and they will take the rest of the year off. Maybe there will be another web exclusive live video, but I'm not expecting another CD release.
Unless they add a third leg to the tour, there would probably be studio activity in the first half of 2020, an autumn release and an album tour in 2021.

The variable I consider most likely is a shorter 2019 tour starting in the Americas in the winter and ending in the European summer festival season with studio activity starting around November and a new album/tour cycle srarting around April.

Unless they add a third leg to the tour, there would probably be studio activity in the first half of 2020, an autumn release and an album tour in 2021.

That might turn 2020 into a year without tour, which has not happened since 2002 (yeah, Clive aid) and 2015, but I guess the latter was because of Bruce's condition. I've understood their intention is to tour a little bit every year nowadays? But yeah, we shall see.

1 Be Quick Or Be Dead
2 Killers
3 Infinite Dreams
4 Futureal
5 Dance of Death
7 22 Acacia Avenue
8 Clairvoyant
10 Powerslave
12 Iron Maiden

13 Alexander the Great
14 Wasted Years
15 Running Free
I mean...no? I'd rather see the current setlist than this. Add in that there's at least..one, two, three, four, five songs that we can reasonably be sure Maiden will not play again/ever.

1 Be Quick Or Be Dead
2 Killers
3 Infinite Dreams
4 Futureal
5 Dance of Death
7 22 Acacia Avenue
8 Clairvoyant
10 Powerslave
12 Iron Maiden

13 Alexander the Great
14 Wasted Years
15 Running Free

That would be amazing. Pretty much a perfect set list. Well done! (Of course it's pure fantasy.)

1 Be Quick Or Be Dead
2 Killers
3 Infinite Dreams
4 Futureal
5 Dance of Death
7 22 Acacia Avenue
8 Clairvoyant
10 Powerslave
12 Iron Maiden

13 Alexander the Great
14 Wasted Years
15 Running Free
Only if they tour the UK with it - it's a better set list, apart from no Revelations.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back