Legacy of the Beast Tour 2018 - CONTAINS SPOILERS

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think there is a policy in place at some venues in Northern Ireland not to wave any flag. Considering the history of the place, it makes sense to follow that rule.

Also the summer is literally the worst time as with the marching season tensions are high. It probably would not have been a problem if Bruce waved it last night, but I'd imagine it was a police decision.

Removing flags is also political. ;)
It's not a good idea to encourage a loyalist/republican standoff among beered up fans at one of your concerts. It might actually be the venue's policy, on the offchance that people turn up with a paramilitary flags too.

Phenomenal performance. Up there with the best I've ever seen. Delighted they did The Trooper. Good call not to wave the flag but I didn't expect it. I thought they would do it all or not at all. Good compromise.
Not much else to say, fuckin unreal

With the first leg of the tour ending in 8 days, I looked back....

The surprises (the deep cuts) on the current tour for me are: Where Eagles Dare, The Clansman, FTGGOG, SOTC and FOI - five, not bad !

add also that Maiden plays all of their greatest hits and + the amazing stage set, I think we can say that our high expectations for the tour were justified.... :)

If this tour setlist contained just one more song, then it would have been even more amazing..... and you know about which song I talk, right ? :p:lol:

It has been a very successful tour, but most importantly for the long run, our heroes have so far been quite healthy.

I hope I can catch up with them somewhere in America next year (the academic tries to find a conference that matches the band's schedule :p).

If this tour setlist contained just one more song, then it would have been even more amazing..... and you know about which song I talk, right ? :p:lol:

I know, but while that would have been great, there's a big bunch of other stuff never/rarely played live I'd like to hear instead. ;) But then again, I didn't expect it to be played anyway.

But yes, looking back... The tour concept and the stage show was executed so well! I mean, I thought they might go with a few different layers of stage dressing/drapes, but the set changes were much more elaborate than I expected; not to even mention stuff like the Spitfire and Icarus!

Most of the songs were more or less expected to be played, but witnessing the set in Tallinn for the first time was very exciting and relieving nonetheless. Sign of the Cross was the song I honestly didn't expect; had there not been that WED rumour, thanks to Nicko slipping it out, that would have been a huge surprise as well.

Outstanding stage show which helped to refresh many setlist staples that have grown a bit stale over the year and very well balanced and paced setlist with couple of big treats included, along with a great visual and atmospheric narrative... And with the brilliant performances by the lads and improved live sound, there isn't much if any reason to complain.

Considering their age and that they could've gone with much less effort, it's truly been a huge treat for us. I'm still amazed of how great everything turned out.

And Bruce. He just deserves every single praise in this thread and elsewhere. And that has nothing to do with those trousers. Amazing. His enthusiasm with everything that has been going on is so great to see. I hope it carries over to the next leg(s?) and album recording too. :)

And Bruce. He just deserves every single praise in this thread and elsewhere. And that has nothing to do with those trousers. Amazing. His enthusiasm with everything that has been going on is so great to see. I hope it carries over to the next leg(s?) and album recording too. :)
I hope he will be making the bulk of future setlists as well. His mind works like ours.

I am sure he will even put forward this one song we are all afraid of naming. Sooner or later.

I know, but while that would have been great, there's a big bunch of other stuff never/rarely played live I'd like to hear instead. ;) But then again, I didn't expect it to be played anyway.

But yes, looking back... The tour concept and the stage show was executed so well! I mean, I thought they might go with a few different layers of stage dressing/drapes, but the set changes were much more elaborate than I expected; not to even mention stuff like the Spitfire and Icarus!

Most of the songs were more or less expected to be played, but witnessing the set in Tallinn for the first time was very exciting and relieving nonetheless. Sign of the Cross was the song I honestly didn't expect; had there not been that WED rumour, thanks to Nicko slipping it out, that would have been a huge surprise as well.

Outstanding stage show which helped to refresh many setlist staples that have grown a bit stale over the year and very well balanced and paced setlist with couple of big treats included, along with a great visual and atmospheric narrative... And with the brilliant performances by the lads and improved live sound, there isn't much if any reason to complain.

Considering their age and that they could've gone with much less effort, it's truly been a huge treat for us. I'm still amazed of how great everything turned out.

About the song, that was a joke, but I hope you're wrong and they eventually will play it ;) I also want other rarely played live songs, but I think ATG will be great live. Everything about this tour was amazing and Bruce once again proves why he is the best vocalist of all time ! I think it is sure that he will bring this enthusiasm for the next tours and album... and it seems that, they never get older.... :)

Well it would really be disappointing for them to not ever play ATG live, considering Bruce said again in Athens that "one of these days they'll do that song"; If they do not intend to play it then why would he bother to say it? Just to mock us?

Well it would really be disappointing for them to not ever play ATG live, considering Bruce said again in Athens that "one of these days they'll do that song"; If they do not intend to play it then why would he bother to say it? Just to mock us?

Bruce also said something along those lines in 2011.

But yes, while ATG isn't the song I'd bet a huge amount of money for being played in future tours, I have to admit that Bruce's statements, more or less serious, but anyway, and Steve's comments about Bruce being very excited about building this kind of sets and already talking about songs he wants to do next are definitely interesting together. It really makes you wonder... :)

They will never play it live?

I'm glad that the setlists of the last 2 tours were chosen mostly by Bruce - I mean, he has brought back some deep cuts that maybe Steve would had never bring back !

I also wonder, what the hell Rod have to say on creating the setlists - Bruce, Steve and Rod are the ones that chooses the setlist, according to Nicko, but maybe Adrian, Dave and Janick also gives their ideas, for sure Adrian does that.... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back