Legacy of the Beast Tour 2018 - CONTAINS SPOILERS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cheers. But if you don't mind, "consistent" and "good" are bit general terms for me. I am looking for more concrete/detailed praise. What does it make sound good? I noticed the difference with Murray's solos but if there's anything else, I'd like to know.

Last edited:
Couple of details I hadn't noticed on previous gigs (maybe I missed them):
-SOTC: Adrian playing guitar melody before the last chorus along with Janick
-FOTD: Bruce sniffing the cross
-TETMD: Adrian's tap harmonic during intro riff
-HBTN: Rope falls down

Cheers. But if you don't mind, "consistent" and "good" are bit general terms for me. I am looking for more concrete/detailed praise. What does it make sound good? I noticed the difference with Murray's solos but if there's anything else, I would not mind to know.

For starters, everyone I have had a chat with have highlighted how clear the sound is with Pooch and how the little nuances and details from all 3 guitar players that so often were buried in the mix previously can now be heard. The massive drum sound and better mix of the vocals have also been mentioned, together with the fact that it seems that you do not need to wait anymore until the 3rd song to have a great sound.

The mix could be pretty muddy with both Doug Hall and Martin Walker.

For starters, everyone I have had a chat with have highlighted how clear the sound is with Pooch and how the little nuances and details from all 3 guitar players that so often were buried in the mix previously can now be heard. The massive drum sound and better mix of the vocals have also been mentioned, together with the fact that it seems that you do not need to wait anymore until the 3rd song to have a great sound.

The mix could be pretty muddy with both Doug Hall and Martin Walker.
I noticed the massive drum sound indeed. But I wasn't sure if that is good when you have 5 other members. The best thing you mention (for me at least!) is this: "little nuances and details" and "clear". I like that. I'll pay more attention to it when I see them again, from the tribune. In a crowd among more enthousiastic people this is more difficult to notice.

Cool. Adrian also plays the guitar melody (low) with Janick (high) in the bridges.
Check here and here (in the last you can see it as well!
Funnily enough, due to how the mic's situated, you can't really hear Janick much at all in this particular bootleg, which is unfortunate since it basically ruins every single harmony the band plays.

Tickets are still on sale (according to ironmaiden.com) for every show left on the tour. I guess we have been oversaturated with Iron Maiden shows in the two previous summers so it's hardly a surprise that there are still tickets available.
Sold out shows don't appear as sold out on Maiden website! Probably because sometimes extra tickets will be released when getting closer to the gig. For example Tallin. It sold out around christmas, but they added some tickets here and there in the weeks before the show.

Trust me, he is struggling. I can hear that.
I can't. He might not be holding the notes as long as he used to, but he still sounds fine.

This is Bruce struggling badly

This is probably the worst I've heard of Bruce since his worst gigs in the 80's. Listen to The Wicker Man. His voice is completely gone. At one of the choruses, you can hear him scream (trying to clear his voice?) while the audience sings the line.

2010 - 11 seems to be his low point since rejoining the band.

It wasn't that bad for most of that tour, was it? This was pretty extreme.

For sure he was much better on average, after all he sounds good on En Vivo, his performance at the London show that I attended was great and I seem to recall seeing many videos when he was in fantastic voice, Seoul 2011 in particular stands out in my mind.

As far as official live releases go, the 2003 one might still be my least favourite Bruce performance. I'm afraid he had some cold (you can't plan that, as opposed to planning to film for that live DVD) and it was a far cry from Rock in Rio.

Btw, let us not forget that Icarus was adviced by his father also not to get close to water.

Bruce Dickinson's FOI show for the rest of the summer:

DefensiveScentedBigmouthbass-max-1mb.gif

Ronnie James Dio will always be the greatest metal singer to me. But Bruce and Rob Halford are not too far behind. They are the 3 greatest.
They are the 3 best. Though I rank them Bruce, Rob, Ronnie. The one thing I really never liked about Dio (and this has nothing to do with his voice) was he loved to do medleys in concert. Have never really cared for medleys for rock shows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back