Legacy of the Beast Tour 2018 - CONTAINS SPOILERS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Such a difference in the number of concerts?? Rob is older anyway...

The only logical reason for me is that Maiden want to have more time to write the new album.... :)
Trust me, he is struggling. I can hear that.

Wow, that's my personal opinion ! Bruce never sounded bad - that's why he is the best vocalist of all time.

No singer can be perfect during the whole concert night after night - even on 20 years old ! Especially with the catalog that Maiden (Judas Priest also belong to this category ) have - for me, they have the hardest songs to do live, some of them are very challenging for Bruce. The fact that he sings better now than on his early days is amazing and deserves admiration and respect !

I never said he never had a bad night. I said he never sounded bad, that's quite different. A bad Bruce night is when his singing is average. There's where the nitpicking comes in: LAD, for example, is not nearly as bad as people make it out to be. I've heard some go as far as to say Bruce butchered certain songs live, which (the way I see it) is simply not true.

Yeah, for years in the 80s Live After Death was my favorite album. I had no idea I was listening to "bad" singing. Silly me.

The only logical reason for me is that Maiden want to have more time to write the new album.... :)

Wow, that's my personal opinion ! Bruce never sounded bad - that's why he is the best vocalist of all time.

No singer can be perfect during the whole concert night after night - even on 20 years old ! Especially with the catalog that Maiden (Judas Priest also belong to this category ) have - for me, they have the hardest songs to do live, some of them are very challenging for Bruce. The fact that he sings better now than on his early days is amazing and deserves admiration and respect !

If you put exclamation mark at the end, I dont read it as an opinion.

Anyway struggling is not the same as sounding bad.

He is struggling badly, but not sounding bad.

You guys realize the audio versions of LAD have been "fixed" and we're talking about the video which is true live?

You guys realize the audio versions of LAD have been "fixed" and we're talking about the video which is true live?
I ripped the audio channels from the DVD and listen to that much more often than the CD/vinyl, so yeah, I'm referring to the video as well.

Even professional opera singers (remember, in opera the entire thing is centered on the singer, written for the singer and the orchestra is expected to cater to the singer's musical needs). And still we sometimes get this (go to 5:27 for my favourite, and notice the chosen illustration at 5:44):

Also notice the awful rendition of Nessun Dorma from Helmut Lotti at the end. Eric Adams of Manowar sings it better.

Tickets are still on sale (according to ironmaiden.com) for every show left on the tour. I guess we have been oversaturated with Iron Maiden shows in the two previous summers so it's hardly a surprise that there are still tickets available.
So it's obvious what they need to do in future. Just play a few muddy and overpriced festivals in Europe instead of lots of indoor venues.

So it's obvious what they need to do in future. Just play a few muddy and overpriced festivals in Europe instead of lots of indoor venues.
giphy.gif

Has anyone ever seem Megadeth live?
Yes, at one of the first shows of the original Rust In Peace tour, and they were incredible. Then I saw them on the Countdown To Extinction tour when they phoned in a 75-minute set and Dave sounded like crap, and I never bothered with a Megadeth concert again.

The Wembley 1990 remastered SDB boot found on Warchest is insane, the live singing hasn't been tampered with, I watched amateur video boot with one VHS cam that had stage access but Warchest audio mixed in, Dave did sing his ass off that night.

2. Ghost, can you elaborate a bit more on the progress of sound? I never felt it was that bad in the past, up to 5 or 6 years ago, maybe when Hall left? I felt Dave was hard to hear during the last few tours but now it's all very good indeed.

The live sound with Martin Walker (2012-2017) was heavily criticised by many. I found it a bit hit and miss. With Doug Hall sound quality was more consistent, but he was not always good.

Pooch is being praised by everyone as being able to get an excellent sound even from the start of the show. I cannot wait to witness it live in London.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back