2018 FIFA World Cup in Russia (Maidenfans WC Pool inside)

Switzerland vs Sweden
The "Sw" derby. Or the WWII neutrals derby.
I think we should make you a honorary Balkan Wizard nevertheless. (Thus Foro will have no legal reason to complain he's treated as an outsider while you ain't:p).
What say you, brothers, and sister, from Slovenia to Turkey?
tenor.gif

If the definition of "Balkans" is "those who didn't get out of Yugoslavia peacefully", that would make for some very small Balkans indeed.
Not even including Macedonia or Montenegro, for that matter.
What I meant is that Slovenia seems to get OK along with those around them. That's not typical of your corner of Europe :p

We have a negative demographic in Croatia and thus Wiz can be honorary Croat.

Balkan exists as a geographical term and as a political umbrella covering possessions of Ottoman Empire in Europe where Ottoman culture was significant, creating the melting pot of all kinds of religions and roots. Croatia does not belong to the political umbrella but it's there to present some very nice feats of Balkan geography, nature and cuisine, and therefore you may, or may not, call yourself "from Balkans" at your own discretion :)

They like to consider themselves part of "Central Europe" when in reality there is only an east and a west.

We are working like mad to be like the west, but when we make money our politicians' hearts remain true to Balkan and they steal everything through corruption.

So yeah, in the middle...

What I meant is that Slovenia seems to get OK along with those around them. That's not typical of your corner of Europe :p

Technically, there have been significant bi-lateral issues between Croatia and Slovenia in regards to Savudria Bay / Gulf of Piran, they've blocked our EU integration process on the grounds of it and it has been a case of the controversial international arbitrage. But since the countries and people have no bad blood between them and this is merely a fishing rights issue (merely as compared to full spectrum of issues between Cro and Srb) it has no importance for "getting along"

Swiss robbery cost us. Football is a shit sport IMO. I can remember like 3 truly happy football moments in the past 5 years.

Same here. But mine are 1) beating France in the World cup qualifiers and denying the Netherlands a playoff 2) beating Italy in the qualifying playoffs 3) beating Mexico today

Lucky at the right moments or not, Team Sweden is back on the stage. That it happens just as Zlatan (our greatest footballer ever no discussion) retires from the national team is no surprise. With the right coach, and mentality I'd rather have Berg and Toivonen on top. Coincidentally they're both from the same region as me, 318,000 people, and making a mark on the world stage of football. Go Värmland!

Same here. But mine are 1) beating France in the World cup qualifiers and denying the Netherlands a playoff 2) beating Italy in the qualifying playoffs 3) beating Mexico today

Lucky at the right moments or not, Team Sweden is back on the stage. That it happens just as Zlatan (our greatest footballer ever no discussion) retires from the national team is no surprise. With the right coach, and mentality I'd rather have Berg and Toivonen on top. Coincidentally they're both from the same region as me, 318,000 people, and making a mark on the world stage of football. Go Värmland!
Mine are Serbia qualifying, Milan beating Juve in the league and Milan winning Supercoppa against Juve. Everything else since last 2012 or so - pain and suffering.

If you chose Juventus over AC Milan then you'd be a happier person.
No, thanks.

Anyway, patriotism mode over.

My last truly happy moment in football was eight years ago: Dundee United winning the Scottish Cup. It's all been downhill since then. Scotland have been shit too, with the highlight a 2-2 draw at home to England. They'd have won if it wasn't for Harry Kane.

I'm not a Croatia-hating Serb, but I don't want them to win the World Cup; they'd never shut up about it! :p I did love it when they beat Argentina though and I think I'd support them vs. Swissovo.

I'll support England, IT'S COMING HOME!!!!!

I'm not a Croatia-hating Serb, but I don't want them to win the World Cup; they'd never shut up about it! :p I did love it when they beat Argentina though and I think I'd support them vs. Swissovo.

I'll support England, IT'S COMING HOME!!!!!
Tomorrow will be the first real test for England. Belgium are a real contender. Looking forward to seeing how England fair against a quality side..

Back