2018 FIFA World Cup in Russia (Maidenfans WC Pool inside)

I'd say Sweden has got a good chance of winning against Mexico. But then I didn't get how Swedish/German wins would eliminate Mexico on the same points.

Well, if I've understood the tiebreaking rules correctly, the following needs to happen for Mexico to go out:

• Germany to beat South Korea by more than one goal AND Mexico to lose against Sweden
  • OR
  • Germany to beat South Korea AND Mexico lose to Sweden by more than one goal
  • OR
  • Germany to beat South Korea by one, Mexico losing to Sweden by one, and the total number of goals scored ending up in Mexico's disfavor. This can happen if, for example, Germany win 2-1 and Sweden win 1-0. In this case, Germany will have 4-3, Sweden will have 3-2 and Mexico will have 3-2. In this case, there is a two-way tie between Mexico and Sweden, and their internal match decides it in Sweden's favor.
But if instead Germany win 1-0 and Sweden win 3-2, Germany will be out.

Robert Lewandowski seems to have disappeared to the same place as Lionel Messi. He's been nonexistent in one-and-a-half matches.

No, you're through with a draw. You'll have 7 points and Sweden 4, and Germany can get 6 at most.

But lose against Sweden and your fate will be in the hands of South Korea.

True, but to have less pressure regarding our fate we have to win.

I'd say Sweden has got a good chance of winning against Mexico. But then I didn't get how Swedish/German wins would eliminate Mexico on the same points.

No one had us pegged to beat Germany yet here we are lol. Will definitely be a nail bitter.

Go Colombia!

Poland were terrible. They've done an England and qualified comfortably and failed to show up in the tournament. The Polish FA even organized specific friendlies they could win in order to push them up the FIFA rankings and be a top seed for the group stage draw. All that effort and planning only to be eliminated after two matches. Sad (and weak)!

The tournament has really come alive in the last few days. It kicked off properly on Thursday evening when Croatia stuffed Argentina then we had the Swiss comeback against Serbia, Germany's late, late show last night, two goalfests in group G, an entertaining draw between Japan & Senegal, and Colombia turning on the style against Poland. More of the same please Vlad!

Colombia was great today, hope they can get far. Would've been qualified already if not for the stupid red card vs. Japan. Poland very weak.

Astonishingly passive play from Poland. Almost makes you wonder if there was something wrong behind the scenes.

Update time!

26 - Saap
24 - Shadow, Flash
23 - LC
22 - Wiz
21 - Ariana
20 - Niall, NP
19 - Foro
18 - Perun

Congratulations to Foro for no longer being in last!!

Sorry, entered the games backwards!

26 - Saap
24 - Flash, Shadow, Wiz
23 - LC
20 - NP, Ariana
19 - Perun, Niall
17 - Forostar

Sorry Foro. I was wrong :(

Right? Can you believe Argentina has a better chance than we do? We HAVE TO beat Sweden, otherwise it's adios motherfuckers.
I know. But if you see it slowly Fifa is always helping the contest favorites... You can see it in Germany against Sweden and Brazil against Costa Rica. Or the last World Cup when Brazil played against colombia. And Argentina has nothing to do at least this World Cup, that s sad. Anyway, estamos en el grupo de la muerte pero Mexico WILL make it to the next phase, have faith my friend.. At least they gave it back to me.

Back