Let's try and get 1,000,000 replies to this post

Maiden FC Magazine arrived!

Lots and lots about Maiden's football activities over the years (ie pics of Steve et al in shorts), nice article about the tour's artwork, big interview with Petrucci about Maiden's influence on him, tour pics and tour rehearsal pics.

62AMLnM.jpg

that is really interesting. I knew each field varied, I did not know it was by that much. Fenway, in particular, looks like it was designed by a four year old with a crayon.

that is really interesting. I knew each field varied, I did not know it was by that much. Fenway, in particular, looks like it was designed by a four year old with a crayon.

It was built in 1912 .. kind of like Wrigley (1914) .. it is a parcel of land that was surrounded by existing buildings, so they had to squeeze it in to fit the space. It would have been even weirder if they had to design more modern things .. like a parking lot.

That makes a lot of sense. Really interesting!

It is .. each park plays so differently ... and some park play differently depending on the wind (Wrigley) or time of day (ball does not travel as far in LA at night as it does during the day) .. and of course altitude (Denver) and low humidity (Phoenix) where they put balls in a humidor before a game.

It is not as prevalent as it was when I started watching baseball, but the Cubs for example had older and slower players on the left side of the infield, so they let the grass grow longer there to slow the ball down. Teams that were fast (St. Louis or Kansas City), had faster turf and would slope the fouls lines in slightly because they liked to bunt and water the dirt around the plate less so the ball would take bigger hops (the "Baltimore Chop" being a good example).

I have an exam tomorrow. Still have about 70 pages to read for the first time. The bottle of wine is almost empty. <_<

Back