Legacy of the Beast Tour 2018 - CONTAINS SPOILERS

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't get the hate for HCW. I always thought WY is the kind of song that doesn't work live to be honest. SIT has got 6 top notch songs. However they keep on trying to play the slower ones. WY and SIASL are not made to be played live. Might be that Bruce hates the album, might also be that the fast songs are difficult to sing....all in all neglecting such a brilliant album is a wasted apportunity.

you guys know i was being sarcastic saying HCW for Revelations right? would just be fitting the religious theme. ofc i would love to have other sit songs

I don't get the hate for HCW. I always thought WY is the kind of song that doesn't work live to be honest. SIT has got 6 top notch songs. However they keep on trying to play the slower ones. WY and SIASL are not made to be played live. Might be that Bruce hates the album, might also be that the fast songs are difficult to sing....all in all neglecting such a brilliant album is a wasted apportunity.
I always thought the vocals on Wasted Years live sounded below par.

So that was it for me this tour. Absolutely loved the shows, probably the best I've seen since Oslo 2008. The setlist is amazing, and it works surprisingly well even with all the intros and breaks in the show. The band are on fire, Bruce has one of his best tour the past 10 years. The sound has also been very good at both shows. If they are back in europe next year I have to consider going to at least one show. This tour is worth several gigs, in Tallinn I started thinking if this is their last tour, it's a worthy one. And that says a lot.

The show song by song

Aces High: Maiden's best opener IMO. Worked better than I thought. Bruce nails it, and the plane is awesome. At one point I thought the plane was real, and that Bruce was in it.
Where Eagles Dare: One of the surprises, one of the highlights. Loved the backdrop, it added something extra. This is basically the band saying they can still perform demanding songs.
2 Minutes to Midnight: Always enjoyable live, but the least interesting song so far in the set.
The Clansman: Wasn't expecting to hear a Blaze song live, so this was a pleasant surprise. The chorus is more powerful live than I could have imagined.
The Trooper: Bruce's new approach to the song was great fun. This song will never grow old.
Revelations: Pure magic. Bruce showing his versatility as a singer, and why he is the greatest frontman of all time. The backdrop is one of the best they've had.
For the Greater Good of God: AMOLAD is my favourite album, and this was the first time I got to hear a song from it live. When the heavy part kicks in was extremely powerful. The instrumental part might be a bit too much in a live setting, but the chorus works really well.
The Wicker Man: Their best short rocker since Bruce and Adrian returned. As good as Trooper, Evil That Men Do and Run to the Hills. If the chorus doesn't get you jumping and singing you're at the wrong gig.
Sign of the Cross: When the intro started in Tallinn I couldn't believe what I was hearing. A part of me actually thought this is Heaven Can Wait, cause that made more sense. I quickly realised I was wrong. Another Blaze song, another I wasn't expecting live, another magical highlight of the show.
Flight of Icarus: If anyone doubts if Bruce still can sing, this proves otherwise. Probably the highlight of the entire show, along with Hallowed Be Thy Name. I wonder what on earth Steve has been thinking for the past 32 years. The flamethrower and the Icarus are the coolest stage props of the night. At this point I'm also wondering which "world" we're in.
Fear of the Dark: Yeah, great live song. Nothing more to say.
The Number of the Beast: They're mixing up the song order a bit, and that's refreshing. The best part of the song is Bruce's leather jacket. He hasn't looked this metal in a long time.
Iron Maiden: No scream for me before this song on this tour, which is a shame.
The Evil That Men Do: Which world is this? Fun song live, works well as the encore opener, and probably could be a show opener as well.
Hallowed Be Thy Name: The best song ever is the best song of the concert. Bruce is almost 60 and doesn't give a fuck. That's why they play it at the end of the concert and he nails it.
Run to the Hills: Run to the Hills hasn't been in the encore since 2004, so why not now? The perfect way to end the show. Bruce sings it better than he has the past 10 years.

I read all the posts, but still do not get why FtGGoG is an issue. Who puts it into doubt, a stupid reviewer or what? It just works perfectly fine, and we want to see a well-recorded live version of THIS EPIC SONG on the next concert album.

Just past habits of swapping out rarely played songs a few gigs in... Usually for Wratchild.

I respect your opinion. I think most people (including me) would rather see literally any other song from SiT. And I am a firm believer that if Maiden isn't going to play Alexander the Great ever (and they are not) then there's only two songs worth hearing from SiT live.

So suffice to say, I agree that it shouldn't be a staple.
Yeah it would be great to hear ATG or CSIT. I did think though that HCW was going to be a shoo-in on the last tour seeing how Bruce beat cancer.

Amazing stage show,effects etc.
The band is in great condition.songs like clansman,cross, are even better than the 2001 tour.Icarus is performed very well.i think in the china gigs they will change 1-2 songs.i dont think that they will play something from sit in this leg.
Untill the name macedonia is not cleared yet in scopje.alexander will not be played.

Amazing stage show,effects etc.
The band is in great condition.songs like clansman,cross, are even better than the 2001 tour.Icarus is performed very well.i think in the china gigs they will change 1-2 songs.i dont think that they will play something from sit in this leg.
Untill the name macedonia is not cleared yet in scopje.alexander will not be played.

China gigs?

So that was it for me this tour. Absolutely loved the shows, probably the best I've seen since Oslo 2008. The setlist is amazing, and it works surprisingly well even with all the intros and breaks in the show. The band are on fire, Bruce has one of his best tour the past 10 years. The sound has also been very good at both shows. If they are back in europe next year I have to consider going to at least one show. This tour is worth several gigs, in Tallinn I started thinking if this is their last tour, it's a worthy one. And that says a lot.

The show song by song

Aces High: Maiden's best opener IMO. Worked better than I thought. Bruce nails it, and the plane is awesome. At one point I thought the plane was real, and that Bruce was in it.
Where Eagles Dare: One of the surprises, one of the highlights. Loved the backdrop, it added something extra. This is basically the band saying they can still perform demanding songs.
2 Minutes to Midnight: Always enjoyable live, but the least interesting song so far in the set.
The Clansman: Wasn't expecting to hear a Blaze song live, so this was a pleasant surprise. The chorus is more powerful live than I could have imagined.
The Trooper: Bruce's new approach to the song was great fun. This song will never grow old.
Revelations: Pure magic. Bruce showing his versatility as a singer, and why he is the greatest frontman of all time. The backdrop is one of the best they've had.
For the Greater Good of God: AMOLAD is my favourite album, and this was the first time I got to hear a song from it live. When the heavy part kicks in was extremely powerful. The instrumental part might be a bit too much in a live setting, but the chorus works really well.
The Wicker Man: Their best short rocker since Bruce and Adrian returned. As good as Trooper, Evil That Men Do and Run to the Hills. If the chorus doesn't get you jumping and singing you're at the wrong gig.
Sign of the Cross: When the intro started in Tallinn I couldn't believe what I was hearing. A part of me actually thought this is Heaven Can Wait, cause that made more sense. I quickly realised I was wrong. Another Blaze song, another I wasn't expecting live, another magical highlight of the show.
Flight of Icarus: If anyone doubts if Bruce still can sing, this proves otherwise. Probably the highlight of the entire show, along with Hallowed Be Thy Name. I wonder what on earth Steve has been thinking for the past 32 years. The flamethrower and the Icarus are the coolest stage props of the night. At this point I'm also wondering which "world" we're in.
Fear of the Dark: Yeah, great live song. Nothing more to say.
The Number of the Beast: They're mixing up the song order a bit, and that's refreshing. The best part of the song is Bruce's leather jacket. He hasn't looked this metal in a long time.
Iron Maiden: No scream for me before this song on this tour, which is a shame.
The Evil That Men Do: Which world is this? Fun song live, works well as the encore opener, and probably could be a show opener as well.
Hallowed Be Thy Name: The best song ever is the best song of the concert. Bruce is almost 60 and doesn't give a fuck. That's why they play it at the end of the concert and he nails it.
Run to the Hills: Run to the Hills hasn't been in the encore since 2004, so why not now? The perfect way to end the show. Bruce sings it better than he has the past 10 years.

Where were you yesterday in the arena? I was at the barrier centrally.

Where were you yesterday in the arena? I was at the barrier centrally.
https://imgur.com/a/x8sjbAH
x8sjbAH

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back