Legacy of the Beast 2018 Tour

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, Nicko said, that he can play 2 versions of that song. The harder one is to play that famous bass drum pattern with on the bass drum and the easier one is to transfer that to ride cymbal and miss on some bass drum hits.

@Lego
Am I right that he recorded it the easier way, but played it the hard way live? But that version from NM's DO is the easier one?
The main difference is in the ride pattern actually, on the studio version the triplet rhythm on the ride is pretty much in lock-step with the bass drum triplets. Live, he leaves some of the ride cymbal notes out but the bass drum pattern is essentially the same.

Stamina-wise, CSIT is definitely the more difficult of the two, as the temp is just plain faster and the patterns are a lot more subdivided.

Man, at CSIT tempo, Bruce might as well not sing the fast bits in TRATB.
I just imagined Bruce going theredandtheblaaaaaack, peopledon'twantthetruth while the rest of the band plays a CSiT style gallop behind it and it's basically the worst thing ever, so thanks for that mental image.

I just imagined Bruce going theredandtheblaaaaaack, peopledon'twantthetruth while the rest of the band plays a CSiT style gallop behind it and it's basically the worst thing ever, so thanks for that mental image.
Bruce might actually die in this part:

The morals of life and the perils of death
Take the wrong way out running out of breath
Meet my match in the afterlife
Suppress the demons that plague the night
A tortured mind is a safe place to go
But the truth lurks down in the dark below
Step inside my inquisitive mind
Are you scared at what you just might find
See myself in the hall of mirrors
A different shape every step I take
A different mind every step of the line
But in the end they are all mine
Laughing sorrow inside your head
Can’t get out just a feeling of dread
I know this burden's a heavy load
A dark mistake never ending road

I love Janick but I can totally see him messing up solo of ATG, then forgeting how it would go on so he will start it again, but faster. Much faster. Maybe with more distortion.
Janick probably wouldn't even play the solo, but it doesn't matter since that song won't even get played. :p

days
hours
minutes

Yes, unfortunately. Also I'm pretty sure Nicko wouldn't be able to make it. It must be the toughest one for him.
I remember him saying Sign of the Cross was the toughest song for him. He said the number of time changes are insane.... He pulled it off in 2000-2001 but I'm not sure he could again.....

but.....

The Red and the Black has a stupid number of time changes... and even the band screwed it up the first night. I caught it in Ft Lauderdale.

I really think CSIT and ATG have a strong chance this tour... Bruce did say they have been planning it for ages and they will play at least 2 songs that will surprise everyone.

I may be alone in this but I think it'd be cool to play The Thin Line Between Love and Hate

It would be cool if they play any of the songs they have never played before, even if it's not one of the great ones, just for the novelty sake. But it won't happen.

I really think CSIT and ATG have a strong chance this tour... Bruce did say they have been planning it for ages and they will play at least 2 songs that will surprise everyone.

I may be alone in this but I think it'd be cool to play The Thin Line Between Love and Hate
CSIT might be too much for Nicko and Bruce. I'd rather not hear the song than hear the slowed down, vocally struggling version ala Aces High 2014.

Alexander on the other hand, this is the first time the chances of it being played are not 0%. I'm hoping for Alexander and SIASL from SIT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back