Legacy of the Beast 2018 Tour

Status
Not open for further replies.
I doubt that the whole AMLOAD 2006 show was ever recorded. I think Maiden started recording shows in 2008.

Check Flight 666. When Steve is with Kevin Shirley mixing songs, one of the songs is The Longest Day and that wasn't played in 2007. ;)

The plan back in 2007 was to release the Donington show with the remaining AMOLAD tracks not played in 2007 as a bonus. However, technical problems plagued the Donington show. That, together with the guys from Banger productions being able to edit footage of great quality and therefore finishing Flight 666 before Steve could finish the tentative DVD from the 2006-2007 tour, meant that the latter did not see the light of day.

Last edited:
You guys, are creating a big hype on me hahaha. I just hope for a "great" set. I think they know how much we want to hear some songs

Honestly, I don't care one iota what songs get chosen. I only care if they choose songs they can actually perform well. Hallowed would be cool for fans...but Bruce can't sing that song anymore. Same with Aces High.

Hope you're wrong.
giphy.gif

Too many pages to go through, but I really hope they play Dance Of Death and not Paschendale.
I also prefer 'Dance of Death' but as I've seen them play it a few times know I'd like them to play 'Paschendale' instead.

Dance of Death is good, it has some great moments, and it's definitely a good storytelling track, but I don't think the payoff in the story is all that great. He just... leaves.

However, Paschendale opens with a quiet scene and then throws you right into a middle of a fucking battlefield where all you can do is kill or die and by god is it a horrific yet beautiful song.

People say it's disjointed - so is war. It's a perfect song. DoD is just a fun campfire tune. PFD is art.

He just... leaves
This would be frustrating had it been simply a story (as in, third person narrative, think "Rime..."). It's not "simply a story". You're hearing someone talking about a terrifying paranormal encounter they allegedly had—and since I believe in that kind of shit, it scares me. The part where he wakes up and flees is particularly unsettling to me.

As for "Paschendale", I don't think it's disjointed at all, it's a great song, brilliant musical ideas going on there... but I just can't get the image of a battlefield from that. "The Longest Day", for example, develops this particular idea way better. I can even picture the bombs exploding with that one! But it just doesn't happen with "Paschendale".

Last edited:
The Longest Day is a great song marred by the most anticlimactic chorus of all Maiden history.

Dance of Death and Paschendale are both top notch Maiden. The best two songs of the reunion and two of the greatest songs ever. Period. I cannot believe I opened up the site to this non seance . Nothing, nothing wrong with either song. Blasphemous.

I dunno, it's too repetitive and too much of a change from the previous stuff. I still love the song, just not as much as I would if the chorus wasn't in it / altered.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back